Acura ILX Hybrid Interior
According to the automotive press, the Acura ILX Hybrid’s cabin materials are high-quality, but ILX Hybrid doesn’t have much cargo space. Critics say the second-row seats will be tight for some adults. Reviewers say the front seats are roomy enough for most adults, though.
- "Inside, the ILX is all luxury, with a supple steering wheel, soft-touch leather all around and seats that couple support and comfort." -- AutoWeek
- "All the interior bits and pieces are well integrated into an overall look, and are all crafted from upscale materials. The upper dash pad is soft to the touch and offers a pleasant contrast to the metallic look of the lower dash and center stack." -- Autoblog
- "Seats are comfy. Rear-seat legroom is just OK, as expected in a compact car." -- USA Today
Like most small cars, the five-seat ILX Hybrids’ rear row will be tight for most adults, but several test drivers say two adults can fit in the back row without a lot of discomfort. Reviewers say the front seats offer adequate legroom, but think tall adults may need more headroom. Heated front seats and leather upholstery are optional.
- "For a compact luxury sedan, the ILX is spacious enough. It holds five adults, even though headroom might be tight for taller individuals." -- AutoWeek
- "Most adults should find legroom sufficient, but taller ones may be short of headroom. Seats are comfortable and supportive." -- Consumer Guide (front seats)
- "The ILX body shell is more rigid and a little bigger than its Honda cousin's, and there's room in the rear seat for two adults to ride comfortably without too much compromise by those up front." -- Popular Mechanics
The ILX Hybrid has a lot of standard features for the class. It comes with push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth, voice text messaging, a rearview camera and a six-speaker stereo with a USB port, auxiliary jack and Pandora Internet radio interface. Voice text messaging reads text messages out loud and allows the driver to select a response. A premium sound system and navigation system are optional.
The ILX Hybrid’s interior features receive mixed reviews. One test driver is bothered that the ILX Hybrid has an overwhelming number of interior controls, and a different reviewer is pleased that he doesn’t have to strain to reach the buttons and knobs. However, one critic doesn’t like the navigation system because it’s illegible and the system’s traffic avoidance feature isn’t helpful.
- "All controls are within easy reach. All cars tested had the Technology Package, which includes a navigation system; it doesn't absorb basic audio controls as do some systems, a point in the ILX's favor. Some climate controls are a bit tedious to adjust, but automatic climate control is standard, so most drivers won't have to fiddle with it very often." -- Consumer Guide
- "The dashboard, the instruments, and the center stack controls are similar to those in the TSX, festooned with a platoon of buttons and switches. …" -- Popular Mechanics
- "But the maps in this system suffer from the age-old problem with Honda navigation systems, where the street names are difficult to read due to jagged letters. The traffic avoidance proved of little use, too, the algorhythm not being bold or creative enough to steer clear of miles and miles of bumper-to-bumper traffic on the 405." -- CNET
The ILX Hybrid has 10 cubic feet of trunk space. With the technology package, the hybrid has 9.8 cubic feet in its trunk. Reviewers don’t comment on the amount of cargo space the ILX Hybrid offers, but it doesn’t have as much cargo room as its classmates. The Lexus CT 200h, which is a hybrid hatchback, has 14.3 cubic feet behind its rear seats. Test drivers think the ILX Hybrid’s center console and pockets are small, but they like that the glovebox is big.
- "There isn't much storage in the center console or the door pockets, but Acura makes up for that by adding an extra-large glovebox." -- AutoWeek
- "Interior storage consists of a good-size glovebox, modest console box with 12-volt power and audio plugs, 2 open cupholders, a forward console bin, and small map pockets with cupholders." -- Consumer Guide
Next Steps: Acura ILX Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid
- See Upscale Small Cars rankings