2014 Acura ILX Hybrid
- RepairsAcura ILX Hybrid
2014 Acura ILX Hybrid Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
According to the automotive press, the 2014 Acura ILX Hybrid has an attractive, upscale cabin, though some reviewers think rival cars are more luxurious. Soft-touch materials temper road noise and make for comfy seats, they say, but headroom is tight due to the standard moonroof. Rear seats provide adequate room but will be snug for tall adults, they note. Test drivers are impressed with the number of standard features available, including voice text messaging. However, they add that the dashboard is crowded with buttons, which can be confusing at first.
- "Although the ILX is small and light like a Civic, its interior layout looks far more sophisticated and the cabin is beefed up to drown out the outside noise, which makes for an overall more pleasant driving experience." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The ILX's interior is well constructed, but the materials used aren't really a step up from top non-luxury sedans. Similarly, the design features Acura's typical high-tech vibe, but it's nowhere near as luxurious in here as in the classy TSX." -- Edmunds
- "Inside, the ILX is all luxury, with a supple steering wheel, soft-touch leather all around and seats that couple support and comfort." -- AutoWeek
- "The dashboard, the instruments, and the center stack controls are similar to those in the TSX, festooned with a platoon of buttons and switches, but the seats are comfortable, the materials upscale, and the list of standard features impressive." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
- "Here's a useful feature, not unique, but still rare: Assuming you have the proper cellphone, a voice-control system will read texts to you and let you reply with short pre-set answers, keeping hands on the wheel and eyes on the road." -- USA Today (2012)
Acura ILX Hybrid Pictures
The 2014 ILX Hybrid accommodates five and comes standard with cloth sport seats and a tilt and telescopic steering wheel. Upgrades include leather-trimmed seats, a power-adjustable driver seat with lumbar support and heated front seats. Test drivers say that front seats are comfortable and supportive and that the cabin is relatively spacious. A few say that overall headroom is lacking due to the standard moonroof. Rear-seat room is adequate, but like in most small cars, it may be tight for adults, reviewers say.
- "Special care was used in designing the seats to be supportive, yet not give the impression of confinement or hardness. The ILX is also pretty spacious for a compact car, with a decent amount of backseat room. Still, headroom can be snug for 6-footers, due to the car's standard sunroof." -- Edmunds
- "The 2014 ILX interior is roomy in front, claustrophobic in the rear, and well equipped throughout." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "For a compact luxury sedan, the ILX is spacious enough. It holds five adults, even though headroom might be tight for taller individuals." -- AutoWeek
- "Inside, the ILX provides a fair amount of room, though three adults in the back seat will likely be a tight squeeze." -- Motor Trend (2013)
The 2014 Acura ILX Hybrid comes with keyless entry, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth connectivity, a six-speaker stereo with a 5-inch display screen, a CD player, a USB port, an auxiliary jack, a Pandora Internet radio interface, a rearview camera and a moonroof. A standard voice messaging feature reads texts out loud and allows the driver to select a response when connected to a compatible smartphone. The Technology package adds a 10-speaker audio system with surround sound and an 8-inch screen, real-time traffic and weather updates and a hard drive with 15 GB of media storage.
Reviewers like the ILX Hybrid’s generous list of standard features. A few are overwhelmed by the number of buttons on the dash, but most say the controls are within easy reach and aren’t too hard to master. They say the standard 5-inch display screen offers a lot of features and is simple to use.
- "Nevertheless, if you're looking for high-tech features, the ILX definitely delivers. There is a 5-inch display screen topping the center stack for the myriad infotainment functions, and smartly placed buttons and knobs to control them." -- Edmunds
- "We were a bit put off by the sheer number of buttons on either side of the wheel, but managed to figure them all out in time." -- Autoblog (2013)
- "All controls are easy to reach." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2014 Acura ILX Hybrid has 10 cubic feet of trunk space, which is small for a hybrid sedan. With the technology package, the trunk has 9.8 cubic feet of space. Reviewers say that the center console is small, but a large glovebox provides extra interior storage.
- "There isn't much storage in the center console or the door pockets, but Acura makes up for that by adding an extra-large glovebox." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "Interior storage consists of a good-size glovebox, modest console box with 12-volt power and audio plugs, 2 open cupholders, a forward console bin, and small map pockets with cupholders." -- Consumer Guide (2013)