2014 Acura MDX Recalls & Reliability
There have been 4 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
FORWARD COLLISION AVOIDANCE: CRASH IMMINENT BRAKINGRecall Date: 05/19/2015
- Consequence: If the CMBS unexpectedly applies emergency braking force while driving, there is an increased risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V301000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 19502
- Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Acura MDX 2WD and AWD, RLX and 2014 Acura RLX Hybrid vehicles. In certain driving conditions, the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) may incorrectly interpret certain roadside objects such as metal fences or metal guardrails as obstacles and unexpectedly apply the brakes.
- Remedy: Honda will notify owners, and dealers will update the CMBS software, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Acura customer service at 1-800-382-2238. Honda's numbers for this recall is JQ4, JQ5 and JQ6.
- Dates of Manufacture APR 22, 2013 to FEB 01, 2015
- Manufacturer Recall Number: JQ4, JQ5, JQ6
SEAT BELTSRecall Date: 10/09/2014
- Consequence: A seatbelt that does not function increases the risk of injury in a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V639000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 43481
- Summary: American Honda Motor Company (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Acura MDX vehicles manufactured April 23, 2013, to August 25, 2014, and 2014 Acura RLX vehicles manufactured November 5, 2012, to November 25, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the driver and front passenger seat belt may not extend or retract in low temperatures.
- Remedy: Honda has notified owners, and dealers will replace the driver and front passenger seat belts, free of charge. The recall began in November 2014. Owners may contact Acura customer service at 1-800-382-2238. Honda's number for this recall is JK7 for the MKX, and JK8 for the RLX.
- Dates of Manufacture APR 22, 2013 to AUG 24, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: MDX=JK7, RLX=JK8
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONRecall Date: 11/13/2013
- Consequence: If the drive shaft detaches while driving it could cause excessive noise and possibly damage the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V571000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 19197
- Summary: American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2014 Acura MDX AWD vehicles manufactured May 6, 2013, through October 14, 2013. The bolts that attach the drive shaft to the automatic transmission transfer assembly may not have been properly tightened. As a result, the bolts could loosen possibly allowing the shaft to detach.
- Remedy: Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and tighten the drive shaft attaching bolts as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on July 3, 2014. Owners may contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009 or visit their website at www.recalls.honda.com. Honda's recall number is JC8.
- Dates of Manufacture MAY 05, 2013 to OCT 13, 2013
- Manufacturer Recall Number: JC8
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 07/21/2013
- Consequence: If the trailer brake controller is not powered, when towing a trailer, longer stopping distances could be required, increasing the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13E040000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 2779
- Summary: American Honda Motor Co. is recalling certain Trailer Hitch Harness Kits, Part Number 08L91-TZ5-200. These kits are for use in 2014 model year Acura MDX vehicles. The trailer hitch kit has a subharness that is incorrectly wired such that there may be no power supplied to an accessory trailer brake controller.
- Remedy: Honda will notify owners and Acura dealers will correct the trailer hitch subharness wiring, free of charge. The recall began on August 23, 2013. Owners may contact Acura Customer Service at 1-800-382-2238. Honda's number for this campaign is JB2.
- Manufacturer Recall Number: JB2
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2014 Acura MDX