2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
- Repairs Acura TSX Sport Wagon
2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon Review
Test drivers say the 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon’s nimble handling, long list of standard features and ample cargo space make it a sporty, yet practical, choice.
The TSX Sport Wagon comes with a four-cylinder engine that reviewers think is responsive and powerful. A five-speed automatic transmission is standard, and critics write that it shifts quickly and smoothly. The Sport Wagon gets an EPA-estimated 22/30 mpg city/highway, which is decent for the class. Test drivers agree that the TSX wagon has sharp handling, and they say that, though the suspension is firm, the 2014 TSX Sport Wagon has a comfortable ride.
Auto writers think the Sport Wagon has a handsome interior design and that its cabin is well-constructed from high-quality materials. Most critics write that the front seats are supportive, roomy and comfortable, but some think the rear seats could use a bit more legroom. The TSX Sport Wagon has a good amount of cargo space for the class. Test drivers say that the Acura TSX Sport Wagon’s interior has a lot of buttons and knobs that can seem overwhelming at first, but are easy to figure out. They also write that the TSX wagon has highly legible gauges and an intuitive navigation system. The 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon comes standard with leather seats, heated and power-adjustable front seats, satellite radio, a seven-speaker stereo, Bluetooth and a USB port. An optional Technology package adds features that include a rearview camera, a 10-speaker Acura/ELS surround-sound audio system, navigation and a power rear liftgate.
- "Lacking vitality-sapping 'ute elements like a jacked-up ride height, it features virtually the same efficiency and capable handling as the TSX sedan on which it's based in addition to a spacious and versatile cargo area." -- Left Lane News
- "If the idea of a sporty, practical, affordable luxury car seems like one big oxymoron, that may be because you have yet to meet the 2013 Acura TSX. In fact, a big part of the compact TSX lineup's appeal is that this one model seems to check so many important boxes." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "The standard wagon model has just about everything else you could want in an upscale wagon at a very aggressive price. If a Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen is too mundane and the Audi Allroad too pricey, the Acura TSX Sport Wagon is a fine choice." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "What a nice little wagon. The four-cylinder is smooth, smooth, smooth and the power is a bit more than adequate. Comfortable seats, good driving position, smooth gearbox and quick steering--what's not to like? Too many buttons on the center console stack? Hmmm. Maybe." -- AutoWeek (2011)
Other Wagons to Consider
Critics say the Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen has capable handling and a high-quality interior. The TDI model, which features a turbocharged diesel engine, achieves excellent fuel economy, and test drivers say it delivers strong acceleration.
The all-new BMW 3-Series Sports Wagon costs more than the TSX Sport Wagon, but it comes standard with all-wheel drive. Critics say the 3-Series wagon offers spacious front and rear seats and impressive handling.
Details: 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
The 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon seats five and has standard front-wheel drive. A 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and a five-speed automatic transmission are standard. The 2014 TSX Sport Wagon comes in one trim, which is available with an optional Technology package. The 2014 Acura TSX sedan is reviewed separately. The TSX Sport Wagon was introduced in the 2011 model year and hasn’t changed much since then. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2014 model years.