Acura TSX Sport Wagon Interior
Reviewers think the 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon has attractive interior design, solid construction and high-quality materials. Most test drivers agree that the front seats are roomy and comfortable, but several think taller adults will need more room in the rear seats. The TSX Sport Wagon has a good amount of cargo space for the class and comes with an impressive list of standard features. Automotive journalists say that the large number of buttons and knobs in the TSX Sport Wagon’s interior can seem overwhelming at first, but that they’re easy to figure out.
- "The cabin features a gracefully styled dashboard with a high-mounted info center/navigation screen, a sporty three-spoke steering wheel and a simple two-gauge instrument panel." -- Left Lane News
- "The TSX's interior has a high-quality appearance and room for up to five people." -- Cars.com (2013)
- "Inside the 2013 Acura TSX you'll find a pleasing design done up in high-quality soft-touch materials." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "TSX exhibits solid assembly quality we expect of a Honda product, though the overall ambiance might be a bit too understated for some shoppers." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The five-seat 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon has standard leather upholstery and heated, power-adjustable front seats. Most test drivers say the front seats are supportive, comfortable and offer plenty of head- and legroom. They add that the driver has a clear view out of the car in every direction. However, several think the rear seats lack knee room and are barely comfortable for taller adults, though they add that headroom is plentiful. One critic complains that the rear door openings are too narrow for easy entry and exit.
- "Legroom is good, and even tall occupants have sufficient headroom; both are pleasant surprises given that this is a compact car. The seats are comfortable and nicely bolstered. Visibility is very good all around, but we wish the outside mirrors were a bit larger." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The seating position is instantly right, with minimal fiddling, which seems to set the car up for spirited driving right out of box.” -- AutoWeek (2011)
- "Our 6-foot-1-inch copy editor stuffed himself in the backseat after adjusting the driver seat for his preferred position. His knees touched the seatback, but there was ample headroom. He'd tolerate a ride across town this way, but not much farther." -- Edmunds (2011)
- "Narrow, toe-tangling rear door openings made it hard to get into or out of the back seat. Once ensconced, though, there was marginally acceptable knee and toe space for two adults." -- USA Today (2011)
The 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon comes standard with satellite radio, a seven-speaker stereo, Bluetooth and a USB port. The Technology package adds a rearview camera, a 10-speaker Acura/ELS surround-sound audio system and navigation.
Reviewers say that the dash has a lot of buttons, which can take some getting used to. While a few critics think that this can seem overwhelming at first, most agree that the climate and audio controls are fairly easy to learn. One critic says that the optional navigation system is very intuitive, and test drivers write that the gauges are highly legible.
- "There's no iDrive-like control system; this means that the secondary systems are controlled by buttons and knobs, which are numerous but relatively intuitive." -- Left Lane News
- "At first the dash seems covered by an indecipherable mass of buttons, but with a little time, using these controls becomes fairly intuitive. The optional navigation system, on the other hand, is user-friendly from the first encounter." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "The gauges are large and quick to decipher at a glance." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "As-yet-uninfected by modern over-complexity, the wagon's knobs, buttons and dials were just about where you wanted them and worked about the way you desired." -- USA Today (2011)
The 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon has 31.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row and 66.2 cubic feet of space with the rear seats folded. Both figures are good for the class. Several reviewers say the TSX wagon has a low, flat cargo floor, which makes it easier to load heavy items. Automotive journalists also like the smaller storage spaces, which include three hidden bins below the cargo floor. If you opt for the Technology package, the TSX Sport Wagon comes with a power rear liftgate.
- "The wagon's load floor is low and flat, but it narrows somewhat between the rear wheel wells. Shallow bins under the floor are a welcome convenience. Pockets in all four doors help compensate for the somewhat small glovebox and center-console bins." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "As for the added cargo-carrying space, there's a fair amount here." -- AutoWeek (2011)
- "There's a lot of it [cargo space], and it's cleverly done. Space under the floor can be used to hide valuables, or provide a deeper well for things that you don't want to slide or tip." -- USA Today (2011)
Next Steps: Acura TSX Sport Wagon
- View the best prices for the 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
- See Wagons rankings