Acura TSX Sport Wagon Performance
Automotive journalists agree that the 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon is an athletic choice in this class thanks to a lively four-cylinder engine and sharp handling. They say the TSX wagon also has a comfortable ride, a smooth automatic transmission and responsive steering.
- "In an automotive world increasingly filled with crossovers that compromise on performance and fuel economy in the name of ‘rugged’ imitation-SUV looks, the Acura TSX Sport Wagon is a breath of fresh air." -- Left Lane News
- "This hauler can hustle." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The Acura TSX Sport Wagon is peppy and agile." -- USA Today (2011)
- "In keeping with its model name, the TSX Sport Wagon does drive with sporty flair, but it falls short of hard-core performance." -- CNET (2011)
Acceleration and Power
The 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon comes with a 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine that generates 201 horsepower. A five-speed automatic transmission is standard. The 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon gets an EPA-estimated 22/30 mpg city/highway, which is decent for the class.
Most reviewers love the high-revving four-cylinder, saying it is responsive and delivers strong acceleration. Critics say the five-speed automatic transmission shifts smoothly and quickly.
- "With 201 horsepower and 172 lb-ft of torque, the motor isn't exactly overburdened with power, but it revs willingly and smoothly up to its 7100-rpm redline." -- Left Lane News
- "Though heavier than its sedan counterpart, TSX Sport Wagon is surprisingly quick. Its low- and mid-range response is quite good given that the engine's 201-horsepower peak comes in at a rather high 7,000 rpm. The automatic transmission is smooth and quick to react to throttle inputs, but a 6th gear would be nice." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The drivetrain was a star. The four-cylinder engine made its satisfying power not from turbocharging, but by being designed to maximize the engine's high-revving abilities (7,000 rpm redline), yet not require that it be driven flat-out to perform well. Thus, fun to flog and satisfying in the stop and lurch of crowded suburban traffic." -- USA Today (2011)
- "With pedal pressed to metal, it was surprisingly responsive. Its 170 pound-feet of torque was crisp and satisfying throughout the power band, and its five-speed automatic transmission more than ample to handle its modest 201 horsepower." -- Los Angeles Times (2011)
Handling and Braking
Test drivers agree that the 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon delivers sharp handling, and they say that the suspension is firm, but still absorbs bumps well. One critic says that the steering is very quick and responsive.
- "Handling is quite good, especially with the sport-tuned suspension that underpins both the Sport Wagon and V6-powered sedan." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "The wagon rides similarly to the sedan. It's firm and sporty, but the car never reacts harshly to sharp bumps." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "From a drive standpoint, everything from the sedan carries over, including the almost hyperactive steering response (that takes some acclimating, but I like a lot), tight handling and comfortable ride quality." -- AutoWeek (2011)
Next Steps: Acura TSX Sport Wagon
- View the best prices for the 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
- See Wagons rankings