2008 Acura TSX Review
The TSX is a fun-to-drive small sedan with a luxurious interior and a reasonable price tag, but it does not have the more racy exterior lines of its competitors, and it only offers one engine option.
According to our analysis, the 2008 Acura TSX's similarities to the Honda Accord are a double-edged sword: Just like the Accord, the more upscale TSX is recognized for solid performance and extensive standard features. However, the TSX is also noted for an uninspiring exterior, and it only comes with a four-cylinder engine. The 2008 TSX is still part of the first generation of the car, but a redesign model has been introduced for the 2009 model year.
The TSX is a front-wheel-drive, four-door sedan that's available in four trims: The five-speed automatic, the six-speed manual and then two navigation trims for the automatic and manual transmissions. There were no significant changes for the 2008 model. If you're in the market for an upscale small car, but not sold on the Acura TSX, consider the highly rated Volkswagen GTI's turbocharged engine.'s capabilities with all-wheel drive, or the power behind the
- "An edge-of-luxury sports sedan that's quick on its feet, loaded with luxury features, and a model of precise assembly. The TSX has won three Car and Driver 10Best trophies and is an exceptionally satisfying driver's car." -- Car and Driver
- "The Acura TSX is a dynamic if less powerful alternative to mainstream midsize luxury sedans from Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz." -- Forbes
- "As with all Acura models, the TSX successfully combines strong engine performance, solid handling characteristics, excellent fuel economy, and a variety of luxury amenities." -- NewCars.com
- "In every way, the Acura TSX satisfies the requirements to belong in the entry-level luxury sports sedan segment, from standard features to performance." -- Wheels Direct2U
- "The 2008 Acura TSX offers a well-executed navigation system, restrained sportiness, and build quality we've come to expect from the brand." -- CNET
- "Acura TSX delivers the goods with decent performance, refinement and upscale features. … The TSX is a favorite among younger buyers but should appeal to any driver who appreciates a sporty upscale sedan at a reasonable price. -- Arizona Republic