2008 Aston Martin DB9 Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
SUSPENSION:FRONT:CONTROL ARM:LOWER ARMRecall Date: 09/23/2010
- Summary: ASTON MARTIN IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2007-2008 DB9 COUPE, DB9 VOLANTE, V8 VANTAGE COUPE, V8 VANTAGE ROADSTER, AND DBS COUPE VEHICLES. THE FRONT BOTTOM SUSPENSION ARM CAM BOLT COULD CRACK ALONG ITS SHANK ALLOWING THE LOWER CONTROL ARM TO MOVE.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1090
- Consequence: MOVEMENT OF THE LOWER CONTROL ARM WILL INFLUENCE THE DRIVER'S CONTROL OF THE STEERING OF THE VEHICLE INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FRONT SUSPENSION LOWER CONTROL ARM CAM BOLTS. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 18, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT ASTON MARTIN CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-888-923-9988.
- Notes: ASTON MARTIN SAFETY RECALL NO. RA-04-0014. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 10V449000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The DB9 comes with a three-year/unlimited-mile warranty.
- "In the past, a plaque on the doorsill of an Aston Martin that advertised 'Handbuilt in England' would have been a warning. But now that Aston has moved from its traditional home in Newport Pagnell to its high-tech factory at Gaydon in the English Midlands, persistent quality problems have been left behind. The renowned sports-car maker has made a remarkable transition from hopeless cottage industry to high-tech, top-class niche manufacturer." -- Automobile Magazine
Warranty information last updated: 2/20/09
Next Steps: Aston Martin DB9