2009 Aston Martin DB9
- Used Aston Martin DB9
2009 Aston Martin DB9 Review
Most auto writers agree that the '09 DB9 conveys power and exclusivity. Its elegant and understated design oozes success.
Introduced in 2004 as the successor to Aston Martin's legendary DB7, the DB9 is admired for its elegant, heart-pounding design, luxurious appointments, and thrilling performance capabilities. "This car was created, not built," writes the Detroit News. "If God needed wheels, they'd be an Aston Martin DB9 convertible." Automobile Magazine adds, "The DB9 Volante is almost the perfect Hollywood car -- sporty enough for high-speed runs up Mulholland Drive or over Angeles Crest Highway and stylish enough to stand out on Rodeo Drive without looking pretentious or gaudy." While the DB9 isn't as sporty as its competition, auto writers are -- on balance -- impressed.
If you're in the market for an exotic sports car and want to steer clear of "pretentious" and "gaudy" rides like the Lamborghini Murcielago and Audi R8, consider the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. Not only does it feature an understated, low-profile design, but it can blast from 0 to 62 mph in 4.2 seconds. Sure, there are faster cars in this class, but few handle as well as the Scaglietti. Another great choice is the DB9's sibling, the Aston Martin Vantage.
After receiving a 20-horsepower bump in mid-2008, the DB9 carries on to the 2009 model year unchanged. It's offered in two body styles: coupe and Volante (convertible).
- "So what do you get when you combine the latest and best structural technology, a potent but refined powertrain, a quirky yet extravagant cockpit, and one the most unencumbered body designs ever? You get the all-new DB9." -- Autoweb
- "[T]he new DB9 is an assault on Porsche -- and all other world-class sports car manufacturers, for that matter. It takes Aston's credibility as a sports car builder to a new level and is one of the most exciting cars an automaker has ever produced. It also challenges the iconic styling of a vehicle like the Porsche 911 with drop-dead looks of its own." -- Forbes
- The DB9's beauty is clear to see, inside and out. It may be the highest-quality Aston Martin ever built; it exhibits jewellike attention to detail and combines high chassis technology and the cachet of a sonorous V-12 engine. Mahvelous. Simply mahvelous." -- Motor Trend
- "It's a lot of money, and it's not especially practical. But if you're looking for the ultimate combination of elegance and performance, this could be the place where you wrap up your search." -- BusinessWeek
- "The 2009 DB9 may not be the ultimate driver's car, but what it lacks in maximum thrills, this sexy Aston Martin makes up for with stunning good looks, V12 power, and a surprisingly comfortable ride and loads of unmatched character." -- Edmunds
- "The new DB9s continue to impress with their engineering and style." -- Road and Track
Next Steps: Aston Martin DB9
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Aston Martin DB9 for sale (63 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Aston Martin DB9
- View Aston Martin DB9 Photos
- See Exotic Sports Cars rankings