2009 Aston Martin DB9
- Used Aston Martin DB9
2009 Aston Martin DB9 Interior
The DB9's cabin features luxurious appointments and a host of convenience technology, but its useless backseat and limited cargo room leave auto writers disappointed. In addition to its standard level of elegance, drivers may choose to customize their rides with Aston Martin's personalization program.
- "Inside the DB9 and Volante is a cozy world with sculpted front seats, leather and excellent fit and finish." -- Road and Track
- "Once inside, occupants will find the DB9 just as dazzling as they did standing beside it." -- Autoweb
- "Beyond the three wood choices (walnut, mahogany and bamboo), there are essentially no limits to leather or exterior paint matching options, as customers are encouraged to take full advantage of Aston Martin's personalization program." -- Edmunds
- "Aston certainly knows how to get the best out of its materials. The leather still looks, feels, and smells like the real thing. The wood has been treated with care rather than with paint and lacquer. The anodized aluminum is delicious to the touch." -- Automobile Magazine
- "It's conservative and beautiful. There's nothing ostentatious about it. You appreciate the curve of the die cast zinc center console moving down and the sparkle of the iridium silver finish. The push buttons on the dash to select the correct gear gives it an exotic feel while every thing smells of leather -- even at 80 mph and the top's down." -- Detroit News
Similar to other sports cars that feature 2+2 seating, the DB9's front seats are comfortable, but its backseat don't accommodate average-size passengers.
- "It's the usual fashion dilemma of drop-dead gorgeous to look at but just a tad impractical to wear." -- Automobile Magazine
- "You sit low in the car, the seats are flat, almost race like, visibility is good and the handmade leather- and suede-lined cabin is spacious, with plenty of head room, at least for the two of you sitting in the front." -- The Auto Channel
- "For front-seat passengers, it's also pleasingly accommodating. The Recaro-sourced seats offer support and comfort, the adjustable wheel is exactly the right size and the driving position can be adjusted to taste. But those in the back fare less well. " -- Edmunds
- "Exotic GT cars have to deliver some semblance of value for dollar even if the back seats in this 2+2 would be a tight fit for dwarfs and hobbits." -- Motor Trend
- "The DB9 has nicely shaped rear seats, but no adult would want to go there." -- Car and Driver
As expected, the DB9 features a wide array of modern convenience features -- including a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) satellite navigation system and 700-watt audio system with a six-disc changer.
- "Electroluminescent displays and conventional instruments mingle in the elegant and impeccable interior." -- Forbes
- "The main instrument cluster is another innovation, and uses organic electroluminescent displays instead of regular LCDs. Comparatively; OELs are easier to read, especially at an angle." -- Autoweb
- "The dashboard is packed with controls. Most markings are clear, but the gauges aren't easy to read." -- Cars.com
- "The real Achilles heel of the DB9 is the navigation system. We never had a problem getting to our destinations, but the process for inputting an address and selecting a route is painful at best. ... Another knock against the navigation unit is that it doesn't look very integrated in the car. The flip-open screen never looks like it's fully open and several passengers asked if it was broken - not the effect you want in a $200k ride." -- Automobile Magazine
Auto writers are disappointed with the DB9's meager 6.1 cubic feet of cargo space and undersized storage compartments.
- "Indeed, a weak point of this rather large car is its rather tight space. The trunk is so-so. Each door pocket can accommodate little more than an iPod, and the glovebox is good for gloves and little else. Heavens, there is no place for a Michelin Guide." -- New York Times
- "At least there's room in the trunk for the ubiquitous set of golf clubs." -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Aston Martin DB9
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Aston Martin DB9 for sale (63 listings)
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See Exotic Sports Cars rankings