2012 Audi A4 Wagon Review
Members of the automotive press like the 2012 Audi A4 wagon for its upscale interior and balanced performance.
The 2012 Audi A4 Avant (which is Audi-speak for wagon) doesn’t excel in any one area, but according to most test drivers, it’s a well-rounded package that most luxury wagon shoppers should take a look at. Though it’s not the sportiest wagon in the class, test drivers note that it does offer a pleasing balance of power and fuel economy, as well as, a sporty yet comfortable ride. The A4 Avant also earns applause for offering features like all-wheel drive and leather upholstery standard; most rivals charge extra for those features.
Like most Audi models, automotive journalists say the 2012 A4 Avant features a well-built cabin with top-notch materials. However, they complain that some of the electronics are confusing, the backseat is cramped for adults and that the cargo space isn’t as large as what some competitors offer. If you’re looking for a luxury wagon and want something that does lots of things well, but can deal with it not being a standout in any one area, the A4 Avant deserves a look.
Other Wagons to Consider
If you want a luxury wagon with better performance, the BMW 3-Series Wagon is your best bet. Though it doesn’t have standard all-wheel drive, and some reviewers caution that its ride can be rough, they also say it sets the performance standard for the class. Another good performer is the Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon. Just keep in mind that its styling is flashier than the conservative A4’s.
Reviewers also recommend the Acura TSX Sport Wagon. Though its interior isn’t quite as upscale as the interior on the A4 Avant, reviewers say its electronics are a lot easier to use.
Details: Audi A4 Wagon
There are no major changes to the Audi A4 wagon for 2012. The 2012 Audi A4 Avant is available in three trims: Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige.
- "Fuel efficiency, excellent styling and a well-crafted interior are hallmarks of the 2012 Audi A4 line."--Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2012 Audi A4 delivers refinement in both appearance and road manners. So, too, does the A4 Avant wagon, along with a healthy dose of utility."--Edmunds
- "Not surprisingly, Audi hasn't strayed that far from the successful formula that has guided the model since its introduction in 1995: Attractive styling, good performance, the optional Quattro all-wheel-drive system and a price on par with its two leading competitors, the BMW 3-Series and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class." -- Orlando Sentinel
Next Steps: Audi A4 Wagon
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Audi A4 Wagon for sale (4,290 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Audi A4 Wagon
- View Audi A4 Wagon Photos
- See Luxury Wagons rankings