2011 Audi A4 Wagon Interior
Critics find the A4 wagon's cabin to be luxurious, comfortable and practical for everyday use. Nevertheless, its Multi-Media Interface (MMI) remains a point of contention.
- "We experienced several different interior themes, some with metal, some with wood, a couple with grippy Alcantara seat inserts, and found them all to be roomy enough for a young family and, more important, far more convincing luxury propositions than, say, an Infiniti EX35 or a BMW 3-series wagon." -- Car and Driver
- "The A4's cabin is one of the nicest in this class. The control layout is attractive, if rather button-happy, and the standard leather upholstery trumps the leatherette in base BMWs and Benzes." -- Edmunds
Reviewers, on balance, find the A4 Avant's five-passenger cabin accommodating. Still, some complain that its backseat is uncomfortable.
- "The longer, lower, wider stance results in a commodious cabin, with plenty of rear-seat leg- and headroom for average-size adults." -- Motor Trend
- "That size definitely translates into more interior room, though rear seat space remains pretty tight for adults." -- Orlando Sentinel
- "We do wish the rear seat were more comfortable and perhaps mounted a bit higher, but it does provide a nice flat load floor when folded and plenty of elbow- and headroom when raised." -- Car and Driver
- "My child-safety seats - a rear-facing infant seat and a forward-facing convertible car seat - fit in just fine in the second row. There was plenty of legroom for the front passenger, even with the rear-facing infant seat. I was able to squeeze between the two car seats, but I wouldn't want to spend hours sitting there." -- Mother Proof
Most auto writers like the A4 Avant's interior features. However, its Multi-Media Interface system remains the source of much controversy.
- "Inside, the cabin is more or less identical to that of the sedan, with an A6-like dashboard and, for better or worse, the standard-equipment multifunction-knob-controlled Multi Media Interface (MMI) through which pretty much every single aspect of the car-from interior illumination to stereo stations to navigation language settings-is adjusted." -- Car and Driver
- "[F]ew manufacturers can match Audi for interior design and quality -- though I'm not enamored by the MMI, or Multi Media Interface, a console-mounted knob that, similar to BMW's unloved iDrive system, controls various audio and climate functions. You get used to it, but it's not an improvement." -- Orlando Sentinel
- "Audi's engineers have tried to keep important climate and audio controls simple, but some functions, such as selecting the radio band or changing the AC fan speed, require distracting two- and three-step fiddling with a console-mounted central control knob and buttons tied to the dashboard video screen." -- Newsday
- "Audi has made a couple technological improvements as well, resulting in a standard climate-control system that's more efficient, yet provides 10 percent more cooling capacity than the outgoing system's." -- Motor Trend
- "The standard audio system handles most inputs. The upgraded Symphony system brings better sound at higher listening levels. For the best audio, pop for the Bang & Olufsen system which backs up some added visual drama with 14 speakers fed 10 distinct channels and 505 watts of output." -- New Car Test Drive
Audi reports that the A4 Avant provides 17.3 cubic-feet of cargo room. With its rear seats folded, it expands to 50.5 cubic-feet.
- "Although compact in size, the A4 Avant features up to 50.5 cu ft. of load space when the rear seats are folded down. Other upscale features include a retractable cargo cover and a power rear liftgate." -- Road and Track
- "The cargo area is supposed to be bigger, too, although 'Avant' remains Audi-speak for 'sportwagon,' which means you can flip down the rear seat to load skiing gear for two, but two bikes would be better off on a roof rack. There's a reversible cargo floor, with an uncarpeted plastic underside for when you have to haul dirty, messy things, plus grocery-bag hooks in the interior D-pillars, an optional loading kit with rail systems, and optional automatic tailgate and 220-volt socket." -- Motor Trend
Next Steps: Audi A4 Wagon
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Audi A4 Wagon for sale (4,534 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Audi A4-Wagon
- View Audi A4 Wagon Photos
- See Luxury Wagons rankings