Audi A4 Interior
The interior of the 2015 Audi A4 is roomy, with a stylish design and exemplary materials that make it one of the nicest in the class, according to critics. However, the A4’s trunk is a little small for the class, and most reviewers report that the A4’s infotainment system can be difficult to use.
- "With a sophisticated, modern design bordering on austere, the 2015 Audi A4's cabin is one of the best in its class." -- Edmunds
- "The interior upholds Audi's reputation for exceptional cabin design with a simple, uncluttered yet stylish dashboard and good materials throughout." -- Left Lane News
- "Audi's reputation for beautifully-superb interiors is safe with the 2015 A4 luxury sedan. Everything about it is impeccably conceived and finished, from design, layout and materials to assembly." -- Kelley Blue Book
Audi A4 Pictures
The 2015 Audi A4 seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery and power-adjustable front seats. Available features include Nappa leather upholstery, heated front seats and sport seats. Test drivers say the standard front seats are comfortable, but the optional sport seats are even more supportive. Many also think the rear seats are spacious for the class.
- "Measuring 185 inches in length, the current A4 is 4.5 inches longer than the previous model and also larger than many of its rivals. This means it has a relatively spacious interior for the class, especially in the rear seat area." -- Left Lane News
- "Although the A4 is considered a small entry-level luxury car, the interior space is more akin to that of a midsize sedan." -- Edmunds
- "Leather seating is standard, with available Alcantara inserts, and there are optional sport seats with side bolsters that really hold the occupants in place during more spirited driving." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The standard seats are good, but the sport seats are extra-supportive for both enthusiastic driving or long hauls." -- Motor Trend (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Audi A4 include a power sunroof, a 10-speaker audio system, an iPod connector, an auxiliary audio input, Bluetooth phone connectivity, an SD card slot, satellite radio and Audi’s MMI infotainment system, which has a central control knob and a 6.5-inch color screen. Tri-zone automatic climate control is newly standard for 2015. Available features include adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, Bluetooth audio streaming, HD Radio, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system and Audi’s MMI navigation system with Audi Connect, which provides real-time traffic information and wireless Internet access through a cellular data connection. Audi Connect is free for the first six months, and then a subscription is required.
Some critics think Audi’s MMI infotainment system makes it difficult to adjust audio and climate settings, while others comment that it isn’t as easy to use as the systems in cars from BMW and Mercedes-Benz. However, some argue that MMI is user-friendly, especially since its controls were streamlined in 2013.
- "It's an effective interface, even if some functions are nested deep within menu screens, but BMW's iDrive and Mercedes' COMAND systems are more intuitive." -- Edmunds
- "Audi's MMI control system absorbs and complicates most audio and some climate functions." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Audi's already easy-to-use MMI infotainment system has been updated and simplified." -- Motor Trend (2013)
The 2015 Audi A4 has 12.4 cubic feet of trunk space, which is a bit small for the class. A 60/40 split-folding rear seat is newly standard for 2015. Critics report that apart from a spacious glove box, in-cabin storage is limited.
- "Cabin storage is subpar, consisting only of small door map pockets, a deep glovebox, and center console." -- Consumer Guide (2013)