Audi A4 Interior
Auto journalists agree that the 2016 Audi A4's cabin is top-notch, with a stylish design and quality materials throughout, though some critics think the infotainment system is overly complicated. Trunk space is somewhat small for the class.
- "Audi's reputation for beautifully superb interiors is safe with the 2016 A4 luxury sedan. Everything about it is impeccably conceived and finished, from design, layout and materials to assembly. The resulting space is upscale, relaxing, purposeful and even businesslike." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior upholds Audi's reputation for exceptional cabin design with a simple, uncluttered yet stylish dashboard and good materials throughout." -- Left Lane News
- "With a sophisticated, modern design bordering on austere, the 2015 Audi A4's cabin is one of the best in its class." -- Edmunds (2015)
Audi A4 Pictures
The Audi A4 seats five and leather upholstery and power-adjustable front seats are standard. Heated front seats, Nappa leather upholstery and sport seats with additional lateral support are available. Critics report that the seats are comfortable, and that both rows are roomy for the class. A few say the optional sport seats provide good comfort and support.
- "Measuring 185 inches in length, the current A4 is 4.5 inches longer than the previous model and also larger than many of its rivals. This means it has a relatively spacious interior for the class, especially in the rear seat area." -- Left Lane News
- "Although the A4 is considered a small entry-level luxury car, the interior space is more akin to that of a midsize sedan." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "Leather seating is standard, with available Alcantara inserts, and there are optional sport seats with side bolsters that really hold the occupants in place during more spirited driving." -- Kelley Blue Book (2015)
- "The standard seats are good, but the sport seats are extra-supportive for both enthusiastic driving or long hauls." -- Motor Trend (2013)
The 2016 Audi A4 comes standard with tri-zone automatic climate control, a 10-speaker audio system, Bluetooth phone connectivity, satellite radio, a power sunroof, an auxiliary audio input, an SD card slot, an iPod connector and Audi's MMI infotainment system with a 6.5-inch color display screen and a central control knob. Optional features include a rearview camera, Bluetooth audio streaming, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, HD Radio, rear parking sensors, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system and a 7-inch MMI infotainment system with navigation and Audi Connect, which has real-time traffic information and wireless Internet access through a cellular data connection. After a six-month free trial, a subscription is required to keep using Audi Connect.
A few auto writers say the MMI infotainment system complicates simple audio and climate adjustments and isn't as user-friendly as rivals' systems. Others find the system to be improved from previous versions. They also like that the A4's switchgear is illuminated.
- "Soothing red backlighting illuminates just about every switch, button and knob." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It's an effective interface, even if some functions are nested deep within menu screens, but BMW's iDrive and Mercedes' COMAND systems are more intuitive." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "Audi's MMI control system absorbs and complicates most audio and some climate functions." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Audi's already easy-to-use MMI infotainment system has been updated and simplified." -- Motor Trend (2013)
The 2016 A4 has 12.4 cubic feet of trunk space, which is a bit low for the class. It comes standard with a 60/40 split-folding rear seat, and reviewers note that there isn't a lot of interior storage space.
- "Cabin storage is subpar, consisting only of small door map pockets, a deep glovebox, and center console." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Audi A4
- View the best prices for the 2016 Audi A4
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2016 Audi A4
- Search used Audi A4 for sale (6,458 listings)
- See Upscale Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals