Audi A5 Interior
The 2016 Audi A5 has first-class materials and an attractive design, auto journalists write. They say the front seats are comfortable but note that the available sport seats are much more supportive. Several comment that the infotainment system can be tricky to master. Trunk space is good for the class.
- "Inside, the A5 upholds Audi's reputation for high-quality cabins with a sleek dashboard, plenty of soft-touch materials and user-friendly controls." -- Left Lane News
- "Rather than compromise function for form - or vice versa - Audi manages to blend striking design with easy day-to-day usability." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "As is the case with nearly all Audis, the 2015 Audi A5's interior receives high marks for its understated design and top-notch materials. Actual functionality can be hit and miss, however." -- Edmunds (2015)
Audi A5 Pictures
The Audi A5 seats four and comes standard with leather upholstery and power-adjustable front seats. Heated front seats are available, as are sport seats. According to reviewers, the standard front seats are comfortable but don't offer much support. They say the sport seats are more supportive and very comfortable. Critics write that the rear seats are cramped, as is common for coupes and convertibles.
- "The leather driver and passenger seats offer excellent support, but are still easy to get in and out of." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The comfort of the front seats is quite good for long road trips, but the A5's standard seats lack the type of lateral support that more spirited driving demands. Thankfully, the optional sport seats remedy this problem with their robust side bolsters and extensive adjustability. Unfortunately, there's no fix for the rear seats, as the lack of headroom makes them suitable only for smaller passengers." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "… the standard front seats are unexpectedly plain, offering little in the way of lateral support. We expect more in a European sport/luxury coupe. The Sport package's upgraded front seats are much improved, providing ample bolstering along with excellent long-distance comfort; however, only Premium Plus and Prestige models are eligible for this upgrade." -- AutoTrader (2014)
The 2016 Audi A5 comes standard with Bluetooth phone connectivity, an iPod cable, HD Radio, satellite radio, tri-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof (on coupe models), a 10-speaker audio system and the MMI infotainment system with a 6.5-inch display screen. Options include Bluetooth audio streaming, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control and navigation with a 7-inch screen.
A few auto journalists find MMI easy to operate, but several comment that it makes adjusting audio and climate settings more difficult than it should be. Some write that it is easier to sift through the menus in models equipped with navigation.
- "While Audi's MMI infotainment system and other controls are easy to use, what really sets this interior apart are design and attention to detail." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Performing basic tasks with the standard dash-mounted MMI controller requires a few extra steps compared to the upgraded MMI 'high' interface that comes with the optional navigation system. The latter benefits from simplified menus, a slightly larger display screen and a more ergonomic controller mounted between the front seats." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "Audi's MultiMedia Interface (MMI) absorbs most audio, navigation system, and some climate functions. While many of said functions are clearly labeled on a dashboard screen, performing simple tasks requires multiple button presses." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The A5 Coupe has 12.2 cubic feet of trunk space, which is good for a luxury sports coupe. The A5 Cabriolet has 10.2 cubic feet of trunk space, which is decent for a convertible. Reviewers appreciate that the lowered convertible top doesn't eat into trunk space and say the standard split-folding rear seats add to the trunk's usefulness.
- "Thanks to the use of a fabric top instead of a more elaborate hardtop, the convertible trunk can still accommodate 10.2 cubic feet of cargo when the top is folded down, only 2 cubes less than the coupe." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "Split-folding rear seat backs with releases in the trunk are a nice, unexpected convenience; they're standard on all models, including Cabriolets, which have a smaller, yet still quite useful trunk." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Audi A5
- View the best prices for the 2016 Audi A5
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2016 Audi A5
- Search used Audi A5 for sale (1,156 listings)
- See Upscale Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals