2010 Audi A6 Wagon Review
This review was written when the 2010 Audi A6 Wagon was new.
The 2010 Audi A6 Avant combines practicality with luxury and beauty -- a winning combination. It's even a Consumer Guide "Recommended Buy."
Having undergone a refresh in '09, the A6 Avant carries into 2010 unchanged -- which is just fine by critics who hail it as a success. In fact, Kelley Blue Book calls it "the ideal vehicle for the socially mobile family in need of generous interior space and all-wheel-drive capability, but not at all interested in an SUV."
In 2009, the A6 Avant received a new engine, revised suspension and all-wheel-drive settings, as well as exterior and interior updates. Though it hasn't been extensively tested, those who have driven it are impressed.
Other Wagons to Consider
Is the A6 Avant too steep for your wallet? Check out the Audi A4 Avant -- which is similarly styled and out performs most of the luxury wagons in this highly competitive class. For greater handling, the BMW 3-Series Wagon takes the cake. In fact, it sets the performance benchmark in this highly-competitive class.
Details: Audi A6 Wagon
- "The Audi wagon had us at 'Hello.'" -- Washington Post
- "The fetching wagon version of the A6 comes exclusively with a powerful, 300-hp supercharged V-6 and standard all-wheel drive. Just as sporty and possibly more stylish than the A6 sedan, the Avant is a practical, fun-to-drive, fuel-efficient alternative to an SUV or a crossover." -- Car and Driver
- "One of the most stylish premium wagons on the planet. ... Luxury and utility can neatly come together in a sleek package that can make your visit to the gas pumps an event and not a habit." -- Motor Picks
- "Laboring beneath formidable shadows cast by BMW, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz, the Audi A6/S6 sedan and wagon models are among the most underrated cars in the business. And the most balanced." -- Road and Track
- "If you're idea of luxury transportation combines sport and utility -- and you don't want a truck -- the Audi A6 Avant quattro deserves your consideration." -- Motor Trend