Audi A6 Interior
Test drivers agree that the 2016 Audi A6 has one of the nicest cabins in the class, with attractive styling, top-notch build quality and first-class materials. The A6 offers plenty of room in the back seat for 6-foot-tall passengers, according to critics. The A6's newly upgraded MMI infotainment system provides sharper graphics and even faster response times, which please most reviewers.
- "The A6's refreshed cabin remains comfortable, well appointed and generally logical in layout, and Audi's impeccable build quality is now complemented with even more variety in available upholstery and trim." -- Autoblog
- "At this price-point, the 2016 Audi A6 includes the nicest interior without a shadow of a doubt. The only interior we've come across that we enjoyed more was found in the $95,000-plus Mercedes-Benz S-Class." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2016 Audi A6 has one of the best cabins in its class, with an attractive dash layout, excellent materials quality and solid fit and finish." -- Edmunds
- "Designers changed some of the color schemes inside the cabin, which still has lots of aluminum touches and beautiful wood-grain finishes. A new dark red, called Salsa Red, is a striking addition to this sedan. While many of these changes are not noticeable at first glance, they create a wonderful car." -- Motor Trend
Audi A6 Pictures
The 2016 Audi A6 seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery and heated, power-adjustable front seats with driver seat position memory. Available features include ventilated and massaging front seats, a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats.
The A6's front seats offer good comfort and support on long-distance trips, according to critics. They say the rear seats are spacious enough for 6-foot-tall passengers, though several reviewers note that taller passengers don't get adequate thigh support because of the rear seat's low-mounted cushion.
- "The second row is spacious and can easily carry three adults. The front is comfortable and surrounds the driver with technology and the scent of leather." -- Motor Trend
- "The A6's front seats are supportive and comfortable, remaining so even on long trips, though some may lament the absence of optional 'super seats' like BMW's multicontour chairs. The spacious backseat offers more real-world legroom than most rivals." - Edmunds
- "We're disappointed in the A6's back seat, though. The bottom cushion is rather low, so passengers with longer legs will notice a shortage of under-thigh support." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "The comfortable front seats include adjustment for seat-cushion length and four-way movable head restraints. In the rear, even six-foot passengers have adequate headroom under the sloping roof, but the seat cushion is low." -- Automobile Magazine (2012)
Standard features in the 2016 Audi A6 include a sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control and Audi's MMI infotainment system, which features a 10-speaker audio system, satellite radio, an iPod input and Bluetooth phone connectivity. Available features include Bose or Bang & Olufsen audio systems, Bluetooth audio streaming, HD Radio, quad-zone automatic climate control, proximity key, a rearview camera, a 360-degree camera system, front and rear parking sensors, a head-up display, night vision assist, adaptive cruise control, active lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring and collision warning with automatic braking. The A6 is also available with Audi's upgraded MMI Navigation Plus system, which includes navigation, a touchpad with handwriting recognition and Audi Connect. Audi Connect provides a wireless hot spot that can support up to eight Wi-Fi-equipped devices. It also enables the navigation system to display Google Earth satellite imagery.
Audi's MMI infotainment system controls the majority of functions in the A6's cabin. It has been updated for 2016 and now features a faster processor, new 3D graphics and 4G LTE. Critics appreciate MMI's attractive new graphics, straightforward menus and quick responses to user inputs. Some say MMI is the best infotainment system on the market, though others think BMW and Mercedes-Benz have systems that are easier to use.
- "Audi has also made a few changes to the infotainment system, which now features a new super-fast Tegra 30 processor from Nvidia, which is responsible for all media, navigation, and voice control sofware. For the A6 and S6, this translates into an eye-catching specialized 3D graphics program that generates three-dimensional animations for the infotainment system." -- AutoWeek
- "There have also been some interior changes, an upgraded MMI, and Audi's infotainment system is displayed on a 7-inch color screen at the top of the dash. The controls are located on the center console and allow the driver to easily move through the different screens and commands." -- Motor Trend
- "The system boasts logical menus and crisp graphics, and the 'MMI navigation plus' upgrade (standard on all except the base 2.0T Premium) includes a touchpad that can recognize fingertip scrawls. It's sophisticated, but we still prefer BMW's iDrive or Mercedes' COMAND for overall ease of use." -- Edmunds
- "Audi's industry-leading MMI infotainment and navigational system is updated for 2016, and it continues to astound with some help from Google Maps." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The big news inside is an updated available MMI infotainment system, which now boasts improved processing power that allows the power-retractable eight-inch screen to refresh quickly and with fluid movement." -- Autoblog
Trunk capacity in the 2016 Audi A6 measures 14.1 cubic feet, which is adequate for the class, though rivals like the Mercedes-Benz E-Class have more space. If you need to accommodate longer items, the A6's standard split-folding rear seatbacks can expand the cargo area. A power trunk lid is optional. Most automotive journalists are satisfied with the trunk’s capacity, though some complain that it has a narrow opening.
- "The A6's 14.1-cubic-foot trunk is slightly below average for the segment, but we've found it generous in real-world testing, and the rear seatbacks fold and offer a pass-through when more space is needed." -- Edmunds
- "The trunk is roomy by absolute standards, but its usefulness is hurt by a somewhat narrow opening." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Audi A6
- View the best prices for the 2016 Audi A6
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2016 Audi A6
- Search used Audi A6 for sale (2,720 listings)
- See Upscale Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals