Audi A8 Review
The 2015 Audi A8 ranks 3 out of 6 Super Luxury Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Audi A8, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Audi A8 has generous power, lots of interior opulence and a surprising amount of agility, according to automotive journalists.
The Audi A8 3.0T comes with a supercharged V6 engine that reviewers agree has ample power. They note that the 4.0T’s twin-turbocharged V8 is significantly more potent, and it gets about the same fuel economy. Long-wheelbase A8 L models are available with both the V6 and V8 engines, as well as a 12-cylinder engine and a turbodiesel V6. Every A8 comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. According to the EPA, the 2015 A8 3.0T gets 19/29 mpg city/highway, which is good for the class. Test drivers agree that the A8 has excellent handling for a large car, tackling corners with the agility of a much smaller sport sedan. They also appreciate its sharp steering, excellent traction and smooth ride.
Auto writers note that the 2015 Audi A8’s cabin is especially luxurious, with opulent materials and a beautiful design. Comfortable front seats and spacious rear seats further enhance the car’s appeal, according to reviewers. The A8 has a small trunk for the class. Standard features include leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats, a 14-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, satellite radio, a USB port, Bluetooth, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera and Audi’s MMI infotainment and navigation system. Available features include front and rear seats that are heated, ventilated and massaging, a cooled rear-seat bin, a panoramic sunroof, a rear-seat entertainment system, a 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, blind spot monitoring, active lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, a head-up display, night vision and a surround-view camera system. Reviewers are impressed with the number of high-tech features in the A8, and they note that the MMI infotainment system has sharp graphics and is easy to use.
- "The 2015 Audi A8 remains one of our top luxury sedan picks for its high levels of comfort, performance and numerous high-tech features." -- Edmunds
- "If you crave a full-size luxury sedan that's conservative on the outside but sophisticated within, the A8 is the subdued standout in this segment." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Audi A8 delivers the stretch-out-space, high-tech gadgetry and pampering extras one would expect of a full-size luxury sedan, but it drives much smaller than its generous dimensions would suggest. These virtues, along with standard quattro all-wheel-drive and a wide range of powerful yet efficient motors, make the A8 a highly tempting option for executive sedan shoppers." -- Left Lane News
- "Compared with the big S-Classes and 7 Series of the world, the A8 feels lithe and more responsive -- less of a limousine and more of a sport sedan." -- Motor Trend (2013)
Audi A8 Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Auto writers say the Mercedes-Benz S-Class has a powerful twin-turbo V8, buttery smooth ride and unbelievably plush interior. They think the rear seats in the S-Class are very nice, with an available massaging function and pop-out tray tables. The S-Class also has a larger trunk than the A8.
Reviewers write that the BMW 7-Series rides with composure at any speed and offers exceptionally comfortable seating in the front and back. Like the A8, the 7-Series is available with a diesel engine that gets excellent fuel economy and delivers strong acceleration, according to test drivers.
Details: 2015 Audi A8
The 2015 Audi A8 is available in standard- and long-wheelbase (A8 L) configurations. The A8 3.0T comes with a supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine and the A8 4.0T has a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8. Long-wheelbase models are also available with a 3.0-liter turbodiesel V6 and a 6.3-liter W12. The performance-oriented Audi S8 also has a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8. All models come standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. The A8 gets a few minor changes for 2015 but hasn’t been fully redesigned since the 2011 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Audi A8
- View the best prices for the 2015 Audi A8
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Audi A8
- Search used Audi A8 for sale (1,000 listings)
- See Super Luxury Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals