Audi A8 Interior
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Audi A8 has an extremely luxurious cabin that’s constructed with lavish materials and a keen eye for detail. They note that the A8 offers plenty of high-tech features, including Audi’s MMI infotainment system, which they say is attractive and user-friendly. Critics write that the A8’s front seats are comfortable and its rear seats are very roomy. The trunk is small for the class, but critics say there are plenty of places to store small items inside the A8’s cabin.
- "Audi has long been renowned for its mastery of interior design, and the A8 upholds that reputation with exquisite materials and a stately layout." -- Left Lane News
- "Go with an Audi A8 and you'll be getting a supremely luxurious interior, top-of-the-line materials and an abundance of high-tech features." -- Edmunds
- "The A8's cabin boasts the requisite leather and wood expected in a car of this caliber, and attention to detail borders on obsessive." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Leaving aside the maximally opulent offerings from Rolls-Royce and Bentley, the A8 might have the nicest cabin in the automotive world. The materials used are uniformly superb, and practically everything you touch has an expensive, precision-engineered feel." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Audi A8 Pictures
The 2015 Audi A8 seats five, and the A8 L W12 model seats four. Standard features include leather upholstery, 18-way power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and a power rear sunshade. Available features include 22-way power-adjustable front seats that are heated, ventilated and massaging, a heated steering wheel, power side sunshades and power-adjustable rear seats that are also heated, ventilated and massaging. Most auto writers think the A8’s front seats are comfortable, however, some critics don’t think they’re quite as exquisite as the front seats in some rivals. Test drivers agree that the rear seats are very spacious.
- "The front seats fit a variety of bodies, and rear-seat legroom is impressive - especially in long-wheelbase models, which also offer a pair of seats with massaging function." --Kelley Blue Book
- "There's plenty of room for five to sit in perfect comfort. …" -- Left Lane News
- "The A8's front seats are one of the few interior features that don't meet or exceed expectations. They're very comfortable, no doubt about that, but even the optional 22-way chairs don't have wow-factor features such as the S-Class vehicle's active side bolsters, nor can they match the all-around excellence of the 7 Series' multicontour chairs." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Standard features in the 2015 Audi A8 include dual-zone automatic climate control, a sunroof, a 14-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, HD Radio, satellite radio, a USB port, Bluetooth, push-button start, an in-dash DVD player, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera and Audi’s MMI navigation and infotainment system, which includes an 8-inch display, a central control knob and a touch pad where you can write out a destination with your fingertip. The A8 also comes standard with Audi Connect, which uses a cellular data connection to provide a wireless hot spot and update navigation routes with data from Google Maps. Available features include quad-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, a rear-seat cooled box, a rear-seat entertainment system, a 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, blind spot monitoring, active lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic braking, a head-up display, night vision and a surround-view camera system.
Reviewers write that the A8’s MMI infotainment system is easy to use, has crisp graphics and reacts quickly to inputs. A few note that you might have to stretch to reach the central control knob.
- "It's one of the more intuitive infotainment setups on the market, although some users find that its location at the base of the center console requires a bit of a reach." -- Left Lane News (MMI)
- "Audi's MMI infotainment interface should also meet the high expectations for the class with sharp graphics and quick responses to inputs." -- Edmunds
- "The 8-in power-retracting MMI display screen is a beauty, especially when you call up Google Earth via the navigation system to get a 3D street view of your destination." -- AutoTrader (2014)
The A8 and A8 L both have 14.2 cubic feet of trunk space, which is small for the class. A power trunk lid is standard, and a rear-seat center pass-through is optional if you need to carry longer items. Test drivers say that in-cabin storage is good for the class, with large door pockets and a deep center console.
- "On the downside, cargo capacity is on the small side compared with the competition, accommodating a maximum of only 14.2 cubic feet." -- Edmunds
- "I also note that this is the A8 L, as in long, but all that extra space must be devoted to the back seat because the trunk, though reasonably deep, isn't as big as I expected for a full-size sedan." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "Above-par interior storage includes large bins and small covered cubbies in the doors, and a deep center-console box beneath twin height-adjustable armrests." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Audi A8
- View the best prices for the 2015 Audi A8
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Audi A8
- Search used Audi A8 for sale (1,000 listings)
- See Super Luxury Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals