Audi Allroad Review
The 2016 Audi Allroad ranks 4 out of 10 Wagons. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Audi Allroad, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2016 Audi Allroad has standard all-wheel drive, poised handling and an attractive interior, according to critics, though rivals offer better fuel economy and more passenger and cargo space.
Most test drivers report that the 2016 Allroad's turbocharged four-cylinder engine has plenty of power for merging and passing on the highway. The Allroad comes standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission that critics say shifts quickly. According to the EPA, the 2016 Audi Allroad gets 21/28 mpg city/highway, which is subpar for a four-cylinder wagon. The Allroad comes standard with all-wheel drive, and auto writers think it has plenty of traction in rough weather. The Audi Allroad's smooth ride and poised cornering also impress reviewers, and they note that the Allroad is easy to maneuver in parking lots. The Allroad's brakes are powerful, critics say, though the pedal could be firmer.
The 2016 Audi Allroad has a handsome interior with excellent build quality and top-notch materials, automotive journalists report. The 2016 Allroad's cargo capacity is below average for a wagon, and auto writers note that rear-seat legroom is limited. Standard features include a power liftgate, leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof, Bluetooth phone connectivity, iPod integration, satellite radio and Audi’s Multi-Media Infotainment system (MMI), which has a 6.5-inch display screen. Available features include heated front seats, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, a rearview camera, push-button start, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system and an upgraded MMI system with a 7-inch screen, navigation, Bluetooth streaming audio, a DVD player and Audi Connect (subscription required), which provides Wi-Fi access, traffic and weather information, Google search capability and Google Maps Street View images. Reviewers say MMI has useful available features, sharp graphics and responds quickly to user inputs, though some think the infotainment systems in rival vehicles are easier to use.
- "If you dislike the look and feel of most luxury SUVs, but you need the interior space and versatility they provide, the Audi Allroad wagon for 2016 is the perfect solution. A luxurious interior is complemented by advanced electronics, a turbocharged engine and standard AWD." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2015 Audi Allroad combines the all-terrain capability of a crossover SUV with the handling of a sport wagon. Unless you need a crossover's superior cargo capacity, the Allroad could be the best of both worlds." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "The Allroad has good power, athletic handling, and a comfortable, classy interior. Add to that a bit of mild off-roading ability, and this is a nice alternative to a premium-compact SUV." -- Consumer Guide (2015)
- "If you spend most of your time on road but seek a car capable of tackling the odd off-road excursion, the Audi A4 Allroad makes great sense." -- AutoWeek (2013)
Audi Allroad Pictures & Videos
Other Wagons to Consider
The BMW 3-Series Sports Wagon gets better fuel economy than the Allroad and has slightly more cargo space. Critics praise the 3-Series Sports Wagon for its spacious back seat, agile handling and comfortable ride.
The Subaru Outback has high-end interior materials and a roomy back seat, auto writers say. The Outback also has significantly more cargo space than the Allroad, and it gets better fuel economy.
Details: 2016 Audi Allroad
The 2016 Audi Allroad seats five and comes in Premium and Premium Plus trims. A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive are standard. The Allroad was all-new for the 2013 model year and has received only minor updates since then. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 through 2016 model years.
Next Steps: Audi Allroad
- View the best prices for the 2016 Audi Allroad
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2016 Audi Allroad
- Search used Audi Allroad for sale (431 listings)
- See Wagons rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals