Audi Allroad Review
The 2015 Audi Allroad ranks 4 out of 10 Wagons. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Audi Allroad, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Audi Allroad earns praise from reviewers for its all-wheel-drive traction and stylish interior, but some competing wagons offer more cargo space and more standard features for the money.
Most test drivers think the 2015 Audi Allroad’s standard turbocharged four-cylinder engine delivers lively acceleration around town and on the highway. The 2015 Allroad gets an EPA-estimated 21/28 mpg city/highway, which is fairly typical for a wagon. The Allroad comes standard with all-wheel drive, and critics write that it provides reassuring traction in bad weather. They note that the Allroad’s overall handling is composed, adding that the Allroad has light steering, strong brakes and a pleasant ride.
Critics are very impressed with the 2015 Audi Allroad’s sophisticated interior design, exceptional materials and solid build quality. However, the Allroad’s cargo area is small compared to its rivals’, and automotive journalists wish its rear seat provided more legroom. Standard features in the 2015 Audi Allroad include a panoramic sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control, a power liftgate, Bluetooth phone connectivity, iPod integration, satellite radio, a 10-speaker sound system and Audi’s Multi-Media Infotainment system (MMI), which includes a 6.5-inch screen and controls various audio and climate settings. Available features include a rearview camera, push-button start, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system and an upgraded MMI system with a 7-inch screen, navigation, Bluetooth streaming audio and Audi Connect, a subscription-based service that provides Google search capability and Wi-Fi access through a cellular data connection. The MMI system’s crisp graphics appeal to test drivers, though some note that the infotainment systems in rival automobiles are less complicated. The placement of the MMI controls in base models also annoys several reviewers. Some reviewers also complain that features that are optional in the Allroad are standard in much less expensive wagons.
- "The Allroad has good power, athletic handling, and a comfortable, classy interior. Add to that a bit of mild off-roading ability, and this is a nice alternative to a premium-compact SUV." -- Consumer Guide
- "The 2015 Audi Allroad combines the all-terrain capability of a crossover SUV with the handling of a sport wagon. Unless you need a crossover's superior cargo capacity, the Allroad could be the best of both worlds." -- Edmunds
- "You'll get better off-road ability and a lower price by going with a nicely loaded Subaru Outback Limited. Or, you can go the other way and get more power and sportier looks with the Cadillac CTS and CTS-V wagon." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "If you spend most of your time on road but seek a car capable of tackling the odd off-road excursion, the Audi A4 Allroad makes great sense. Watch the options list, though, as features that typically come as standard on rivals cost a good deal extra." -- AutoWeek (2013)
Audi Allroad Pictures & Videos
Other Wagons to Consider
The BMW 328i Sports Wagon gets better fuel economy than the Allroad, and it comes standard with all-wheel drive. Reviewers write that the 328i Sports Wagon has a powerful engine and premium interior materials.
The Volvo XC70’s cargo area is much larger than the Allroad’s, and its starting price is lower. Test drivers note that the XC70’s front seats are exceptionally comfortable, and they also praise its handsome, nicely constructed cabin.
Details: 2015 Audi Allroad
The 2015 Audi Allroad seats five and comes in Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige trims. A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive are standard on all models. The Allroad was all-new in 2013 and has received only minor updates since then. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013, 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Audi Allroad
- View the best prices for the 2015 Audi Allroad
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Audi Allroad
- Search used Audi Allroad for sale (431 listings)
- See Wagons rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals