Audi Allroad Interior
The 2015 Audi Allroad’s attractive interior design earns praise from critics, as do its top-notch materials and superb build quality. However, its cargo space is a bit small for the class, and auto writers say that the rear seat could use more legroom. Reviewers like the infotainment system’s crisp graphics, as well the convenient high-tech features of the optional Audi Connect system, though some say the infotainment systems in rivals are easier to use.
- "The allroad boasts essentially the same stylish, modern and comfortable cabin as other A4 models, complete with the latest version of Audi's MMI infotainment system." -- Left Lane News
- "In typical Audi fashion, the 2015 Allroad's interior features a simple yet elegant design and top-notch materials. It compares favorably against rivals from BMW and Volvo, gaining extra points for its standard leather upholstery." -- Edmunds
- "The cabin is as well turned out as you'd expect, a veritable festival of high-buck materials screwed together with the precision of, well, an Audi." -- Car and Driver (2013)
- "Inside, the cabin is standard A4: good looking, superbly laid out and generally high in quality." -- AutoWeek (2013)
Audi Allroad Pictures
The 2015 Audi Allroad seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery and power-adjustable front seats. Heated front seats and sport seats are available. Test drivers write that the standard front seats could use more support on the sides, so many recommend getting the sport seats in the Sport Interior package. While critics note that the rear seat has sufficient headroom for 6-foot passengers, they say rear legroom is a bit small, especially when someone tall is in the front seat.
- "The standard seats are rather modest in terms of lateral support, but the Sport Interior package's well-bolstered chairs should address any complaints on this front." -- Edmunds
- "In our interior evaluation, we found that the allroad's standard front seats don't offer much support. The Sport Interior package rectifies this, though, so check that box if you can." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Allroad has only adequate headroom for six footers, and legroom is tight behind taller drivers." -- Consumer Guide (2013 rear seat)
- "Given that the allroad is a warmed-over A4, it was as though we had returned to an old friend. That old friend could use a little more rear seat legroom, however." -- Left Lane News (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Audi Allroad include a power liftgate, tri-zone automatic climate control, automatic headlights and windshield wipers, a panoramic sunroof, Bluetooth phone connectivity, a 10-speaker sound system, iPod integration, satellite radio and Audi’s Multi-Media Infotainment system (MMI), which includes a 6.5-inch screen and controls various audio, climate and vehicle settings. Available features include blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, a rearview camera, push-button start, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system and an upgraded MMI system with a 7-inch screen, navigation, Bluetooth streaming audio, a DVD player and Audi Connect, which provides Wi-Fi access, Google search capability and traffic and weather information through a cellular data connection (subscription required).
Automotive journalists say the dashboard-mounted controls of the base MMI system are difficult to use, noting that the upgraded MMI system’s controller is mounted more conveniently between the front seats. Reviewers praise the MMI system’s crisp graphics and speedy response times, and are also impressed with Audi Connect, especially its enhanced navigation features and useful voice-activated Google search. However, some critics complain that the infotainment systems in rivals are less complex, and others wish the Allroad had more standard features for its price.
- "Audi's infotainment system is known as MMI and consists of a central display screen and a knob-based control layout. On navigation-equipped models, the knob and related buttons are located between the seats on the center console, right where your hand comes to rest, and some features are upgraded. In standard form, however, the knob and buttons are placed on the dash, making operation rather awkward. Either way, the system benefits from sharp graphics and quick responses, though some may find rival systems a bit more intuitive." -- Edmunds
- "Some testers find Audi's MMI system complicated and frustrating to use. …" -- Consumer Guide
- "Arguably the finest navigation system you can buy, Audi connect features a dedicated Internet connection ($25-$30/month through T-Mobile) that enables detailed Google maps with Street View of your destination, the ability to send a destination from your computer to your car, the ability to connect eight Wi-Fi devices at once, and Google Voice Local Search, which makes it easier to enter a destination via voice." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "To us, ‘luxury’ means an expansion of standard equipment, such as onboard navigation with backup camera, commonly found in substantially less expensive cars and wagons. But Audi's marketing executives seem oblivious to that concept." -- The Washington Post (2013)
The 2015 Audi Allroad has 27.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second-row seats and 50.5 cubic feet with those seats folded. That’s a bit below average for the class as wagons like the Subaru Outback and Volvo XC70 offer more cargo space. Reviewers note that the Allroad has a small glove box and center console, and they write that the shallow angle of the rear window could make it difficult to carry large items. However, some add that the cargo floor is low, which makes it easy to load items.
- "Regarding interior storage, the Allroad comes up a little short, with only small bins and door pockets for your personal effects." -- Edmunds
- "The Allroad has a large cargo area with cargo cover. However, the forward-leaning angle of the rear window could hamper carrying large, boxy items. Cabin storage is subpar, consisting only of small door map pockets, glovebox, and center console." --Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The ride height makes for a manageable liftover into the 27-cubic-foot cargo area." --Cars.com (2013)
Next Steps: Audi Allroad
- View the best prices for the 2015 Audi Allroad
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Audi Allroad
- Search used Audi Allroad for sale (431 listings)
- See Wagons rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals