2015 Audi Q5 Review
The Audi Q5 delivers athletic handling, strong engines and an eye-catching, luxurious cabin, critics say, but some would prefer a more user-friendly infotainment system.
A turbocharged four-cylinder engine powers the base 2015 Audi Q5, and test drivers find it has ample power and lively acceleration. Available engines are a turbodiesel V6 and two supercharged V6s. Each of the engines provides refined, muscular performance that will please most drivers, critics say. The exceptional fuel economy and powerful punch provided by models with a diesel engine are particularly impressive, they add. The base 2015 Q5 earns an EPA-estimated 20/28 mpg city/highway, which is fairly good for a luxury compact SUV with all-wheel drive. According to reviewers, the Q5 offers sharp, confidence-inspiring handling. Most find the Q5’s steering to be precise and communicative, overall. However, some critics note that its ride feels a bit firmer than that of some rivals.
Automotive writers applaud the 2015 Q5 for its luxurious, attractive cabin that is constructed with first-rate materials. The Q5's front- and back-row seats are spacious and comfortable, they say. The Q5 has a decent amount of cargo room for the class, with 57.3 cubic feet of overall cargo space. Some critics say the Q5’s infotainment system is difficult to use, while others say it’s easy to learn. Test drivers also note that on models equipped with navigation, controls for the MMI system are easier to reach. Standard features in the 2015 Audi Q5 include tri-zone automatic climate control, a 10-speaker audio system, Bluetooth phone connectivity, satellite radio and Audi’s MMI infotainment system with a 6.5-inch color display screen. Available features include adaptive cruise control, a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen stereo system and an upgraded version of MMI that adds Bluetooth audio connectivity, voice-controlled navigation and a 7-inch display. Audi Connect is also available, which provides a Wi-Fi hot spot and Google Earth imagery for the navigation system.
- "Audi's approach to building premium vehicles is familiar by now: Satisfy segment standards, then add healthy doses of style, cabin quality and powertrain excellence. The 2015 Audi Q5 crossover could serve as Exhibit A." -- Edmunds
- "Positioned below Audi's three-row Q7 crossover, the compact Q5 utility has space for five passengers in a stylish and well-appointed interior. It also offers a quartet of strong engines options that should suite the tastes of nearly all buyers." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Audi Q5 compact luxury SUV offers up comfort, style and performance, with standard all-wheel drive and five different models suited to individual buyers. The Q5 with either the 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder or 3.0-liter V6 offer up a roomy and luxurious interior, good cargo space, and a comfortable ride." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With a 0-to-60 time of 6.5 seconds, the Q5 TDI is downright zippy, and as is customary with Audi's other TDI models, it comes well-equipped from the start. Combine all of that with Audi's famed all-wheel-drive quattro system and you have a front-runner for the top luxury compact utility vehicle, dated styling or not-as long as you're willing to pay the $9200 and $2100 premium, respectively, compared with the 2.0-liter and 3.0-liter gasoline engines." -- Popular Mechanics (2014 TDI)
Audi Q5 Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
According to reviewers, the BMW X3 has a powerful turbocharged base engine. Its sporty, well-controlled handling also makes it fun to drive, they add. Additionally, the X3 earns slightly better fuel economy than the Q5.
The Infiniti QX50 earns reviewer praise for its sharp, car-like handling and dynamic V6 engine. They also report that it has an upscale interior outfitted with high-quality materials. The QX50 also has a lower starting price than the Q5.
Details: 2015 Audi Q5
The 2015 Audi Q5 seats five and has standard all-wheel drive. The Q5 is available in a number of trims, ranging from the base Q5 2.0T Premium with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and an eight-speed automatic transmission, to the top-of-the-line SQ5 Prestige with a supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine and eight-speed automatic. The Audi Q5 was fully redesigned in 2009 and since it receives only minor updates for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2009 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Audi Q5
- View the best prices for the 2015 Audi Q5
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Audi Q5
- Search used Audi Q5 for sale (1,672 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals