Audi Q5 Interior
The 2015 Audi Q5’s cabin earns praise for its attractive styling and high-quality materials. Test drivers report that the Q5 has comfortable, roomy seats in both rows. While some critics say that Audi’s infotainment system can be confusing, others think the system is straightforward.
- "Take a look at one at a dealer and you'll no doubt find that it looks great and has an interior that oozes luxury." -- Edmunds
- "Nobody does interiors like Audi, but you could argue that the 2015 Audi Q5 family isn't quite up to the standard as cars like the A4, for example. That said, it's still elegant and comfortable." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Q5's cabin is tastefully trimmed in high-quality materials and can be outfitted with the most recent version of Audi's MMI infotainment system." -- Left Lane News
- "The cabin boasts excellent materials, intuitive ergonomics, and great outward visibility, yet the interior styling feels a bit sterile, even by Audi's ascetic design standard." -- Car and Driver (2014)
The 2015 Audi Q5 seats five on standard leather upholstery. Power-adjustable front seats and rear seats that recline and slide fore and aft are also standard. Options include front sport seats, heated and ventilated front seats and premium Milano or Nappa leather. Test drivers write that the Audi Q5 offers spacious front seats and a rear seat that’s roomy enough to comfortably fit adults.
- "Despite its compact size, the Q5 manages to feel roomy whether you're seated in the front or rear. The rear seats both recline and slide fore and aft -- a rarity in this class." -- Edmunds
- “Second-row accommodation is surprisingly generous for a compact SUV, though three larger adults are a snug fit for longer journeys." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Audi Q5 include tri-zone automatic climate control, a 10-speaker audio system, Bluetooth phone connectivity, satellite radio and Audi’s MMI infotainment system with a 6.5-inch color display screen. Options include a panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control, a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system and an upgraded MMI system with navigation and Bluetooth audio connectivity. Also available is Audi Connect, which provides Wi-Fi for up to eight devices and allows the navigation system to access and display Google Earth imagery.
While a few critics think the Q5’s MMI infotainment system can take some time to learn, others say it’s easy to get used to. Some test drivers also note that models equipped with navigation have MMI controls on the center console, which makes them easier to reach.
- "The center stack controls are canted toward the driver, although the layout depends on whether you opt for the navigation system. Without navigation, the knob and buttons for the MMI system reside somewhat inconveniently on the center stack. With navigation, the controls are placed on the center console between the armrest and shift lever, where they're easier to reach.” -- Edmunds
- "Nobody even comes close to Audi's sophisticated in-cabin tech system. Audi Connect offers everything from Google maps with real-time news and traffic info, to a Wi-Fi hot spot for up to eight devices, all with a simple-to-use interface." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Some testers still find that Audi's MMI infotainment controller over-complicates too many routine tasks, while others find it easy to learn with a little practice." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Audi Q5 has 29.1 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats in use and 57.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. A power liftgate is standard for 2015. While some SUVs like the Volvo XC60 offer more cargo space, the Q5’s cargo capacity is good for the class. Test drivers say the Q5’s low cargo floor and wide opening make it easy to load items.
- "The Q5 provides a healthy 29.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seatbacks, but if you fold them down, the resulting 57.3-cubic-foot cargo hold is a little below average for the segment." -- Edmunds
- "… the Q5 does provide an elevated view of the road ahead along with plenty of cargo space: 29.1 cubic feet with the rear seats up and 57.3 with them folded." -- Left Lane News
- "A fairly low cargo deck and wide liftgate aid loading, as do easy-fold rear seat backs that latch nearly flat." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The Q5's roomy rear seats fold in a flexible 40/20/40 arrangement." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)