Audi Q5 Interior
Automotive journalists praise the 2016 Audi Q5's luxurious cabin, which they say is well- constructed with high-end materials. Test drivers agree that the 2016 Audi Q5's front and back seats are plenty spacious, and they like the adjustability of the rear seats. Reviewers say some dashboard buttons and controls aren’t within easy reach of the driver. The Audi Q5's cargo capacity is slightly above average for the class.
- "Nobody does interiors like Audi, but you could argue that the 2015 Audi Q5 family isn't quite up to the standard as cars like the A4, for example. That said, it's still elegant and comfortable." -- Kelley Blue Book (2015)
- "The Q5's cabin is tastefully trimmed in high-quality materials and can be outfitted with the most recent version of Audi's MMI infotainment system." -- Left Lane News (2015)
- "As we've come to expect from all Audi models, the Q5 benefits from classy interior design and top-notch construction." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "The cabin boasts excellent materials, intuitive ergonomics, and great outward visibility, yet the interior styling feels a bit sterile, even by Audi's ascetic design standard." -- Car and Driver (2014)
Audi Q5 Pictures
The Audi Q5 has seats for five. Leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats and sliding and reclining rear seats come standard. Options include front sport seats, heated and ventilated front seats and premium Milano or Nappa leather. Reviewers agree that the Q5 has spacious seats in both rows, and they like the flexibility of the rear seats. A few auto writers say that although the Audi Q5's front seats don’t allow for as many adjustments as some rivals' front seats, the tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel should allow most drivers to find a pleasant driving position.
- "In our interior evaluation, we found the Q5's front seats to be comfortable enough, but they lack the range of adjustments that some competitors provide (BMW, for example), and their lateral support is minimal -- except for the excellent sport seats in the SQ5. Thanks to the standard seat-height adjustment and tilt-telescopic wheel, though, everyone should be able to find a comfortable driving position." -- AutoTrader (2015)
- "Despite its compact size, the Q5 manages to feel roomy whether you're seated in the front or rear. The rear seats both recline and slide fore and aft -- a rarity in this class." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "The Q5's roomy rear seats fold in a flexible 40/20/40 arrangement." -- Kelley Blue Book (2015)
- "Second-row accommodation is surprisingly generous for a compact SUV, though three larger adults are a snug fit for longer journeys." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2016 Audi Q5 comes with tri-zone automatic climate control, a 10-speaker audio system, Bluetooth phone connectivity, a panoramic sunroof, satellite radio and Audi’s MMI infotainment system with a 6.5-inch color display screen. Available features include adaptive cruise control, a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen stereo system, an upgraded MMI system with navigation and Bluetooth audio connectivity and Audi Connect, which provides Wi-Fi for up to eight devices and allows the navigation system to access and display Google Earth images.
Some test drivers report that on Q5 models not equipped with navigation, the buttons and knobs used to control the MMI system are difficult to reach. A few also complain that adjusting the climate system’s fan speed requires multiple steps. Still, most reviewers agree that both the MMI system and Audi Connect have user-friendly menus, though a few say they take some time to master.
- "Nobody even comes close to Audi's sophisticated in-cabin tech system. Audi Connect offers everything from Google maps with real-time news and traffic info, to a Wi-Fi hot spot for up to eight devices, all with a simple-to-use interface." -- Kelley Blue Book (2015)
- "… as with the A4, the Q5's ergonomics are hit-or-miss. Try to adjust the climate control's fan speed, and you'll see what we mean -- it's a two-step process." -- AutoTrader (2015)
- "The center stack controls are canted toward the driver, although the layout depends on whether you opt for the navigation system. Without navigation, the knob and buttons for the MMI system reside somewhat inconveniently on the center stack. With navigation, the controls are placed on the center console between the armrest and shift lever, where they're easier to reach. Navigation-equipped models also get the latest MMI system with more intuitive menus, enhanced Google Maps satellite imagery and an additional joystick button." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "Some testers still find that Audi's MMI infotainment controller over-complicates too many routine tasks, while others find it easy to learn with a little practice." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2016 Audi Q5 has 29.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind its rear seats and 57.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. That's slightly above average for the class, but rivals like the Volvo XC60 have much more room. A few auto writers point out that the Audi Q5's wide cargo opening and low load floor make it easy to load items. A power liftgate is standard.
- "… the Q5 does provide an elevated view of the road ahead along with plenty of cargo space: 29.1 cubic feet with the rear seats up and 57.3 with them folded." -- Left Lane News (2015)
- "The Q5 provides a healthy 29.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seatbacks, but if you fold them down, the resulting 57.3-cubic-foot cargo hold is a little below average for the segment." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "A fairly low cargo deck and wide liftgate aid loading, as do easy-fold rear seat backs that latch nearly flat." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Audi Q5
- View the best prices for the 2016 Audi Q5
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2016 Audi Q5
- Search used Audi Q5 for sale (1,672 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals