Audi Q7 Review
The 2015 Audi Q7 ranks 8 out of 9 Luxury Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Audi Q7, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Audi Q7 is ranked:
Test drivers report that the 2015 Audi Q7 has cumbersome handling as well as limited cargo and interior space, but they find its cabin materials top notch and its engine choices potent.
The base 2015 Audi Q7 comes with a supercharged V6 engine that reviewers say is powerful and delivers swift acceleration for highway passing. An available supercharged V6 engine is even more powerful, according to critics, and they report that the optional turbodiesel engine provides excellent power delivery and the best fuel economy estimates in the class. With 16/22 mpg city/highway, the Q7 earns good fuel economy estimates for the class. Additionally, the diesel-powered Q7 earns even better estimates of 19/28 mpg city/highway. Most critics agree that the 2015 Q7 feels ponderous in turns and is difficult to maneuver in small spaces. Still, a few think it has communicative steering and handles adequately for its size. Some test drivers say the Q7’s brakes are strong, but don’t stop the Q7 smoothly.
Test drivers applaud the plush cabin in the 2015 Audi Q7, as well as its premium materials. A few, however, feel the Q7's interior styling is due for a refresh. Automotive writers say the first two rows provide lots of comfortable space, but the third row has only sufficient space to accommodate children. The Audi Q7 comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, an 11-speaker stereo system, satellite radio, Bluetooth and rear parking sensors. Options include four-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, Audi’s MMI infotainment system with navigation, a rear-seat entertainment system and a choice of Bose or Bang & Olufsen stereo systems. Some test drivers think the 2015 Q7’s MMI infotainment system is user-friendly and features straightforward menus, but others say the system has a steep learning curve compared to the systems found in rivals like the Mercedes-Benz M-Class. The Q7 has 72.5 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear rows folded. That’s below average for the class, and critics agree that the space feels notably small for an SUV of the Q7’s size. Still, a few reviewers say the Q7’s low load floor makes loading cargo easier.
- "The main demerits are sub-par cargo space and 3rd-row room, and interior trim that doesn't quite live up to the high standards we've come to expect from an Audi." -- Consumer Guide
- “The Audi Q7 is a big vehicle, and if you don't need all that size, you might be happier with something smaller, like Audi's own Q5. On the other hand, the small rear seat and cargo area might make you want to step up to something like a Mercedes-Benz GL-Class." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The aging 2014 Audi Q7 remains a stylish and competent seven-passenger luxury crossover, but its newer rivals are generally more appealing." -- Edmunds (2014)
Audi Q7 Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
The two-row Lexus RX 350 is praised for its comfortable, roomy back seat and well-constructed cabin. Test drivers also like its cushy ride. Additionally, the RX 350 has more cargo space than the Q7.
Reviewers are impressed with the Acura MDX’s powerful V6 engine, which they say produces quick highway acceleration. They also like its roomy, three-row cabin and comfortable seats. Additionally, the MDX earns great fuel economy estimates and has a lower starting price than the Q7.
Details: 2015 Audi Q7
The 2015 Audi Q7 seats seven and has standard all-wheel drive. A supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine and an eight-speed automatic transmission are standard. A more powerful supercharged 3.0-liter V6 and a turbodiesel 3.0-liter V6 engine are available. The Q7 is available in three trim levels: Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige. The Q7 was introduced in 2009 and was updated for the 2011 model year. Since it sees few changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2009 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Audi Q7
- View the best prices for the 2015 Audi Q7
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Audi Q7
- Search used Audi Q7 for sale (1,401 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals