Audi R8 Review
The 2015 Audi R8 ranks 8 out of 16 Luxury Sports Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Audi R8, as well as reliability and safety data.
Even though it's showing its age compared with its chief competitors, the 2015 Audi R8 is still an enticing sports car with an attractive interior, athletic handling and a smooth ride, critics say.
Automotive journalists report that the 2015 R8's standard V8 engine produces plenty of power, and they note that the two V10 models are available for those who crave even stronger performance. Critics say the R8's standard six-speed manual transmission makes the car very fun to drive, and they add that those who prefer an automatic will appreciate the R8's quick-shifting seven-speed transmission. Fuel economy for a base 2015 R8 is an EPA-estimated 14/23 mpg city/highway, which is low for the class. Test drivers agree that the Audi R8 is incredibly nimble and also rides comfortably. Several remark that its standard all-wheel drive and predictable handling make it easy to drive quickly.
Reviewers appreciate the 2015 Audi R8's first-rate cabin materials and sophisticated styling. They add that the R8's two seats are roomy, supportive and comfortable on long journeys. However, with just 3.5 cubic feet of storage in its front trunk, a small storage area behind its seats and the engine taking up all of the space in the back, test drivers agree that the R8's cargo capacity isn't particularly useful. Standard features include Bluetooth, satellite radio, navigation and Audi's MMI infotainment system. Major options include a rearview camera, a 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system, front and rear parking sensors and an iPod connection. According to reviewers, the MMI controller is in an odd location and the navigation system doesn't always work as well as it could.
- "Though it's beginning to get on in years, the R8 remains one of more appealing supercars on the market due to a mix of stirring driving dynamics, surprising practicality and, of course, double take-inducing good looks." -- Left Lane News
- "Highlighted by its iconic styling and unusually accessible performance, the 2015 Audi R8 maintains its special status as a midengine exotic sports car that you can drive every day of the week." -- Edmunds
- "But in the case of the R8, it's genuinely hard to find anything that needs improvement. The styling is still admirable, the exquisite V8 and V10 engines sound better than anything this side of Maranello, and the Lamborghini-derived all-wheel-drive chassis provides exceptional handling. It may be an old-timer by automotive standards, but the R8 remains one of the best sports cars in the world." -- AutoTrader
- "What all of this means is that now more than ever, the R8 is a proper soup-to-nuts flagship, offering marrow-deep excellence in everything from a daily-use supercar to a stylish droptop to a track day hero." -- Autoblog (2014)
Audi R8 Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Like the R8, the Porsche 911 is available in coupe and convertible body styles. It has optional all-wheel drive and a range of engine choices that give it stunning acceleration, according to reviewers. The 911 is praised for its exceptional handling and top-notch cabin materials.
Critics revere the Chevrolet Corvette as one of the top sports cars on the market thanks to its quick acceleration, nimble handling, comfortable ride and generous cargo space for the class. The new-for-2015 Corvette Z06 has a supercharged V8 engine and is outlandishly fast, reviewers say.
Details: 2015 Audi R8
The 2015 Audi R8 seats two, has all-wheel drive and is available in coupe or Spyder (convertible) body styles. Three models are offered: V8, V10 and coupe-only V10 Plus. Each engine is available with either a six-speed manual or seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The R8 sees no major changes for the 2015 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Audi R8
- View the best prices for the 2015 Audi R8
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Audi R8
- Search used Audi R8 for sale (241 listings)
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals