Audi R8 Interior
The 2015 Audi R8's cabin is constructed with high-quality materials, according to most critics. Still, a few reviewers say that the R8's interior does not have the best materials that Audi could use. Auto journalists report that the R8's seats are very comfortable. The R8 doesn’t have much luggage space. Some test drivers find the infotainment system tricky to use and dislike the location of its control knob.
- "The cabin matches the visual drama of the exterior thanks to details such as sweeping trim and a flat-bottomed steering wheel, and high-quality materials are employed throughout." -- Left Lane News
- "This is still one of the finest cabins in any sports car, but the materials aren't Audi's absolute best, and the MMI interface is hobbled by awkward dash-mounted controls." -- AutoTrader
- "The R8 has a finely crafted cabin with top-notch materials." -- Edmunds
- "All-in, however, this is still one of the best-tailored and most usable interiors in the segment." -- Autoblog (2014)
Audi R8 Pictures
The Audi R8 seats two and comes standard with heated, power-adjustable seats covered in leather and Alcantara (faux suede). Test drivers agree that the R8's seats are all-day comfortable and offer ample support.
- "The seats are excellent, though, and the flat-bottom steering wheel feels just right." -- AutoTrader
- "The lightweight seats are comfortable for long-distance travel, and the driving position suits a wide range of people -- not a given in this class." -- Edmunds
- "During a multi-day journey through the Alps the 2014 R8 proved remarkably pleasant with much credit owed to the supportive and comfortable seats." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
Standard features in the 2015 R8 include a seven-speaker audio system, satellite radio, Bluetooth, navigation and Audi's MMI infotainment system. Optional features include a 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system, an iPod connection, front and rear parking sensors and a rearview camera.
Most critics aren't very impressed with the MMI infotainment system. Some think that it is easy to make audio and navigation adjustments, though others comment that the control knob is in an odd location on the console. Others report that they had issues getting the navigation system to function properly.
- "Navigation and entertainment functions are accessed through Audi's MMI system, which is one of the more intuitive infotainment setups on the market. However, unlike in other Audi models, the R8's MMI controls aren't located in an easily accessible position center - instead, they're mounted somewhat awkwardly on the dash. Luckily, a standard voice command system eliminates this problem." -- Left Lane News
- "We like the center stack's elegant swoop away from the driver, but this means that some controls require an inconvenient reach. Additionally, the navigation and audio controls are operated by a rather finicky dash-mounted MMI knob and a constellation of buttons located beneath the display screen. Compared with the electronics interface in a Porsche 911, for example, the R8's is noticeably antiquated." -- Edmunds
- "Sadly, the R8 does not receive Audi's latest MMI interface with its Google 3D Maps and touchpad, and in fact, we experienced two incidents in two different vehicles where the system failed to orient properly." -- Autoblog (2014)
The 2015 R8 has 3.5 cubic feet of cargo space in its front-mounted trunk, as well as a small cargo area behind the seats. Overall cargo capacity is low for the class. Test drivers find the R8's luggage capacity pretty tiny, and they note that the front-mounted trunk has a strange shape. They're also skeptical of Audi's claim that two golf bags can fit in the storage area behind the seats. Other critics comment that there isn't much in the way of small-item storage in the cabin either.
- "While there's plenty of space for driver and passenger, the R8 V10 isn't blessed with an overabundance of trunk space. The front trunk (known as a frunk) measures just 3.5 cubic feet and is oddly shaped; Audi claims that a pair of golf bags can be fitted behind the seats, although that might not be achievable for taller drivers." -- Left Lane News
- "Audi says there's enough room behind the R8 coupe's seats for a pair of golf bags, but you'd have to be pretty hard-pressed for country-club transport to try that. The 3.5-cubic-foot front trunk is awkwardly shaped and barely provides enough space for an overnight bag (a Porsche 911 feels like a minivan by comparison)." -- Edmunds
- "The only other interior storage involves a small dashboard glovebox and short-sided door pockets." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Audi R8
- View the best prices for the 2015 Audi R8
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Audi R8
- Search used Audi R8 for sale (241 listings)
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals