Audi TT Interior
The 2014 Audi TT earns praise for its handsome cabin that reviewers say features high-end materials. They add that the front seats are comfortable, supportive and offer a good driving position, but agree that the coupe's back seats are not especially spacious, although that is a common trait of sports coupes. Critics add that the TT's navigation system can be hard to use.
- "As a 4-passenger Coupe or 2-seat Roadster, the 2014 Audi TT offers a beautifully built and elegantly designed cabin." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Our interior evaluation of the TT revealed top-notch materials and an intimate, cockpit-like driving position that's enhanced by the driver-ward cant of the central control panel." -- AutoTrader
- "Like other Audis, the 2014 TT offers a handsome interior done up in high-quality materials." -- Edmunds
- "The dials and the flat-bottomed steering do a good job of conveying a sense of athleticism, and the seats fit me perfectly." -- AutoWeek (2012)
The TT coupe seats four and the convertible seats two. Leather and Alcantara seats and power-adjustable front seats are standard. Heated front seats are available. Reviewers say the front seats offer good side support and are praised for their comfort. Some add that taller drivers should find it easy to find a comfortable driving position. Most critics agree that the coupe's back seats are simply too small and cramped for most passengers, but this is often the case in 2+2 coupes.
- "The front seats provide satisfying lateral support in corners, a welcome departure from Audi's norm. Although the TT is a tiny car, we've found that tall folks have no problem getting comfortable behind the wheel, thanks in part to the tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel and the standard power height adjustment for the driver's seat." -- AutoTrader
- "Front seats are comfortable, and the prominent side bolsters and simulated suede Alcantara inserts offer good support during enthusiastic driving. The coupe's rear seats are so small as to be all but useless for passengers, though they make a fine place to stash briefcases or handbags." -- Edmunds
- "The TT Coupe's rear seat is best suited for small children or professional contortionists, but it folds flat for extra luggage room and combines with the hatchback design to provide a high level of practicality." -- Kelley Blue Book
Standard features on the Audi TT include automatic climate control, a 12-speaker Bose stereo system and Bluetooth. An iPod integration system, navigation and rear parking sensors are optional.
Test drivers say that the TT's climate controls are uncomplicated, and appreciate that the fan speed is easily adjusted. Some critics complain that the navigation system isn't especially intuitive and dislike the control dial's mounting position on the dashboard.
- "Ergonomics are surprisingly sound: The climate controls, notably, eschew Audi's typical 2-knob digital setup in favor of a simpler 3-knob setup that actually lets you adjust the fan speed without going through an extra step or two." -- AutoTrader
- "Gauges and controls are easy to see and operate, the main exception being the navigation system's slightly clunky user interface." -- Edmunds
- "Most of the TT's controls are straightforward and intuitive, though the optional navigation system's control dial is mounted on the dash, which feels ergonomically off target." -- Kelley Blue Book
The TT coupe has 13.1 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats up and 24.7 with the seatbacks folded, which is good for a luxury sports car. The TT Roadster has 8.8 cubic feet of trunk space. Reviewers say that both TT body styles' cargo areas are useful, adding that the coupe's hatchback design is better-suited to carrying cargo. Critics add that small-item storage in the cabin could be better.
- "The soft top's other advantage over flashier retractable hardtops is that it doesn't greatly limit cargo capacity when it's down. While the convertible's 8.8 cubic feet of cargo capacity might not sound like much, it's actually not bad by roadster standards. That said, the coupe offers greater flexibility by virtue of its large hatchback opening and 13.1-cubic-foot capacity." -- Edmunds
- "Hatch storage area is shallow, but usefully long and wide, and nicely finished. The rear seat backs fold down on Coupes. Cabin storage is limited." -- Consumer Guide (2012)