BMW 4-Series Interior
Test drivers say the 2015 BMW 4-Series’ interior has an attractive design, high-end materials and intuitive controls that are within easy reach of the driver. Reviewers report that the rear seats are adequate in the coupe and convertible and comfortable for adults in the all-new Gran Coupe. They are pleased with the trunk space in all 4-Series models, especially the Gran Coupe, which has a wide hatchback opening.
- "The 4 Series might be a new model designation, but the cabin is all 3 Series, with a classy design and premium materials." -- Edmunds
- "Inside, the 4-Series' dashboard is largely identical to that of the 3-Series sedan. That means there's simple, straightforward instrumentation, driver-focused controls and premium materials." -- Left Lane News
- "The interior is richer than the previous model's, with excellent fit and finish." -- Automobile Magazine (2014)
- "The interior remains functional and good-looking, yet the 4's layout is a near mirror image of the sedan's." -- Motor Trend (2014)
BMW 4-Series Pictures
The 2015 BMW 4-Series coupe and convertible seat four, while the all-new four-door 4-Series Gran Coupe seats five. The 4-Series comes standard with leatherette upholstery and power-adjustable front seats with driver seat memory. Optional features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel and a power rear sunshade. Critics report that seating in the 4-Series coupe and convertible is comfortable up front, and sufficiently roomy in the back for adults on short trips. They note that the Gran Coupe’s rear seats have more headroom than in coupe and convertible models, and will comfortably accommodate two average-sized adults.
- "The 4-passenger cabin of the 4 Series coupe and convertible is comfortable for those in front, but just adequate for rear passengers." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "That handsome roof line does reduce rear headroom compared to the [3-Series] sedan, but BMW has also lowered the rear seat height to compensate -- the result is that a pair of normal-sized adults can still be pretty comfortable in back." -- Edmunds (Gran Coupe)
- "The 4 Series Gran Coupe is pure 3 Series inside, albeit with a one-inch lower seating position for both rows of seats. This makes the lower roofline less impactful on rear-seat headroom than you'd expect; indeed, this model's longer roofline allows adults to ride back there more comfortably than in the regular 4 Series (non-Gran) coupe." -- Autoblog
- "Despite its attractive styling, the 4-Series boasts a reasonably spacious backseat that can hold two adults for around-town journeys." -- Left Lane News
The 2015 BMW 4-Series comes standard with a sunroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth, a USB input, HD Radio and BMW’s iDrive infotainment system, which has a 6.5-inch display. The 4-Series convertible adds a power-retractable hardtop. Optional features in the BMW 4-Series include lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, satellite radio, navigation, a head-up display, a surround-view parking camera system, front and rear parking sensors, parallel parking assist and a Harman Kardon surround-sound audio system.
Automotive journalists agree that BMW’s iDrive infotainment system continues to improve year by year, adding that it has sharp graphics, quick load times and on-screen menus that are easy to figure out. However, some note that rival systems allow you to perform simple tasks with fewer button clicks.
- "The iDrive system features straightforward menus, crisp graphics and quick processing times, but it typically requires a few more clicks and twirls to get what you want compared to rival systems." -- Edmunds
- "Controls are within easy reach, and the iDrive control system is getting simpler." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Mounted front and center is a 6.5-inch infotainment screen that displays sound system, climate control and (when equipped) navigation system info. It's controlled by BMW's much-improved iDrive interface, although redundant buttons and voice commands give users alternate means of accessing the electronics." -- Left Lane News
The 2015 BMW 4-Series coupe has 11 cubic feet of trunk space, while the convertible has 9 cubic feet and the Gran Coupe has 12 cubic feet. All 4-Series models come standard with a split-folding rear seat. The 4-Series also has a hands-free trunk option, which allows you to open the trunk by waving your foot under the rear bumper. Reviewers agree that all 4-Series models have impressive trunk space, and some note that the new 4-Series Gran Coupe has a wide hatchback opening and large cargo hold.
- "… you can fold down the rear seats of the 4-Series Gran Coupe and put in two bicycles without removing the front wheels. …" -- AutoWeek
- "Luggage space is generous, even in the convertible." -- Edmunds
- "The Gran Coupe's hatchback body makes for a wide and deep cargo area, and the rear seats now fold 40/20/40 style." -- Autoblog