BMW 6-Series Interior
Thanks to first-rate materials and a stylish design, most reviewers write that the 2015 BMW 6-Series has a very appealing interior. The 6-Series’ abundance of high-tech features, including the user-friendly iDrive infotainment system, also appeals to automotive journalists. According to critics, the Gran Coupe sedan offers plenty of legroom but has limited headroom. Trunk space is good for the class in all three body styles.
- "While Audi may still have an edge with interior aesthetics, the BMW 6 Series isn't far behind. More premium materials and interesting shapes are finding their way into new BMWs, and the latest-generation 6 Series may be one of the best examples yet." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior makes the lofty price tag seem wholly justified, featuring top-quality materials, advanced technology and a curvaceous dashboard that's more stylish than that of the related 5 Series sedan." -- Edmunds
- "Interior materials are exceptionally nice. …" -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Speaking of the interior it, too, is good looking, well built and comfortable. This might be the best BMW interior I've been in lately." -- AutoWeek (2014 Gran Coupe)
BMW 6-Series Pictures
The 2015 BMW 6-Series coupe and convertible seat four, while the 6-Series Gran Coupe sedan seats five. Standard features include leather upholstery, 10-way power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats and a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel. Available features include a heated steering wheel, 20-way power-adjustable front seats, ventilated front seats and a power rear sunshade. Auto writers say the 6-Series’ standard front seats are comfortable, but some recommend upgrading to the 20-way seats if possible, because they offer a wider range of adjustment and are very supportive. According to reviewers, the rear seat in the coupe and convertible is tight for adults, though this is common among two-door cars. They say the rear seat in the Gran Coupe sedan offers ample legroom but limited headroom.
- "With a wheelbase stretching 4.4 inches longer than its two-door sibling, the Gran Coupe boasts a healthy amount of rear seat legroom." -- Left Lane News
- "The two rear seats in the coupe and convertible are tight for adults, but acceptable for the Gran Coupe." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Yes, rear seat passengers fare better than in the 6 Series coupe (there's markedly more legroom, mainly), but the backseat is nevertheless more confining than in the 5 Series sedan due to a significant reduction of headroom and the so-called ‘+1’ center rear seating position that is really only useful for children on very short trips." -- Edmunds (Gran Coupe)
- "The standard 10-way power front seats are more than pleasant, but the 20-way Multi-contour seats are so versatile and supportive that they're almost a must-buy." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Standard features in the 2015 BMW 6-Series include push-button start, a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, driver drowsiness monitoring, dual-zone automatic climate control and BMW’s iDrive infotainment system, which includes navigation, a 10.2-inch display, a center console-mounted control knob, satellite radio, HD Radio, Bluetooth, a USB port and smartphone app integration (BMW Apps). A moonroof is standard on coupe and Gran Coupe models, while convertibles come with a power-folding fabric top. For 2015, the navigation system gains a touchpad where you can write out addresses with your fingertip. Available features include a Harman Kardon or Bang & Olufsen surround-sound audio system, parallel parking assist, a surround-view camera system, adaptive cruise control with automatic braking, a head-up display, night vision with pedestrian detection, blind spot monitoring and lane departure warning.
Test drivers are impressed with the iDrive infotainment system’s sharp display, simple menus and quick responses to inputs. They also like the optional head-up display, which can project information onto the windshield like navigation instructions and the current speed, putting it in the driver’s line of sight.
- "The iDrive electronics interface has a straightforward menu structure, crisp graphics and quick processing times, which helps minimize the amount of time you spend looking away from the road." -- Edmunds
- "… the sporty dashboard -- exclusive to the 6 Series -- swoops snugly toward the driver, accented by the beautiful 10.2-in iDrive screen with its much-improved current interface." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "The configurable, multimode, multicolor head-up display that is included with the optional Driver Assistance package … is superb." -- MSN Autos (2013)
The 2015 BMW 6-Series coupe and Gran Coupe sedan offer 16.2 cubic feet of trunk space, which is good for the class. Convertible models have 12.4 cubic feet with the top up and 10.6 with the top down. Coupe and convertible models have a rear-seat pass-through for long, thin items, while Gran Coupe models come with split-folding rear seats.
- "… the trunk is surprisingly sizable." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014 coupe and convertible)
- "Trunk space measures a relatively enormous 12.3 cubic feet in the convertible (10.6 with the top down). …" -- Edmunds (2013)
Next Steps: BMW 6-Series
- View the best prices for the 2015 BMW 6-Series
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 BMW 6-Series
- Search used BMW 6-Series for sale (1,602 listings)
- See Super Luxury Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals