MSRP: $90,500 - $90,500
Invoice: $83,260 - $83,260
MPG: 15 City / 23 Hwy
2012 BMW 6-Series Recalls & Reliability
Review Last Updated: 4/23/13
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:OTHER FUEL TYPES:TURBO-CHARGERRecall Date: 04/05/2012
- Consequence: THIS COULD LEAD TO A SMOLDERING OF THE PUMP OR AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT OR VEHICLE FIRE.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V161000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 2,846
- Summary: BMW IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 5-SERIES, 5-SERIES GRAN TURISMO, MODEL YEAR 2012 6-SERIES CONVERTIBLE, 7-SERIES, X5 SAV, AND X6 SAV VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 8- OR 12-CYLINDER, TURBOCHARGED, ENGINES BECAUSE THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE ELECTRIC AUXILIARY WATER PUMP CAN OVERHEAT.
- Remedy: BMW WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE AUXILIARY WATER PUMP FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BMW CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND SERVICES AT 1-800-525-7417.
- Notes: CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
BMW hasn’t released warranty information for the 2012 6-Series, but the automaker covers its other vehicles with a four-year/50,000-mile limited warranty, and there’s no reason why the 2012 6-Series won’t get the same treatment. BMW also provides four years of unlimited 24-hour roadside assistance.