2013 BMW X1 Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
The automotive press agrees that the five-seat 2013 BMW X1’s interior has quality materials, though some think it could use more rear-seat space, and some rivals have more cargo space.
- "The cabin is well finished, with only the occasional hard plastic to be found." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The materials are high quality, the textures and colors are tasteful, and everything is assembled flawlessly." -- Car and Driver
The BMW X1 seats five people and comes standard with faux-leather seats. Leather upholstery is optional. Eight-way power-adjustable front seats are also optional, as are heated front seats. Test drivers say that the front seats have good head- and legroom. They like the X1’s driving position and say its perch offers a good perspective of the road. Some say the second-row seats offer enough shoulder and headroom to accommodate two adults, although others think they could be more spacious.
- "But the front compartment has generous leg- and headroom and plenty of shoulder room for all but outlying adults. The rear seat offers plenty of shoulder and headroom for two adults, but kneeroom is on the tight side, recalling that 2003 3-series." -- Car and Driver
- "The driving position is more SUV than sedan. You sit high and peer down the sculptured hood." -- Edmunds
- "In addition, the center console is restyled for simplicity and angled more toward the driver." -- Autoblog
The base 2013 BMW X1 comes standard with an eight-speaker stereo, Bluetooth, HD Radio and a USB port. Satellite radio, a Harman Kardon surround sound system and navigation, which is coupled with the iDrive infotainment system, are optional. A rearview camera and front and rear parking sensors are also optional.
Reviewers note that the X1's dashboard is nicely laid out and has a driver-focused design.
- "The dashboard is typical BMW, logically arranged and angled subtly toward the driver." -- Edmunds
The BMW X1 offers 14.8 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats up and 47.7 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. Reviewers say that this isn’t heaps of room, but think the available cargo space and interior storage are adequate.