Buick Enclave Review
The 2015 Buick Enclave ranks 3 out of 13 Affordable Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Buick Enclave, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Buick Enclave is ranked:
Critics appreciate the 2015 Buick Enclave’s generous cargo space, upscale interior and refined ride.
The 2015 Buick Enclave's V6 engine generates sufficient power for driving up steep grades, some test drivers say, but others note that the SUV's acceleration off the line and highway passing power are less than satisfying. The Enclave comes with a standard six-speed automatic transmission. Its EPA-estimated 17/24 mpg city/highway is typical for the class. Reviewers are impressed with the Enclave's comfortable ride and composed road manners. They note that it has controlled handling, but say that it is by no means sporty through turns.
Reviewers praise the 2015 Enclave's high-end interior for its handsome design and abundant soft-touch surfaces. The Enclave is built to carry as many as eight people, and most critics say adults can sit comfortably in its spacious third row. Cargo space is generous, with a maximum 115.2 cubic feet of available space when the second- and third-row seats are folded. Tri-zone automatic climate control, Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system, Bluetooth, a USB port, a rearview camera and rear parking sensors come standard. Optional features include a 10-speaker Bose stereo system, navigation, leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, blind zone alert and a rear-seat entertainment system. Some test drivers find that the IntelliLink system is straightforward, but others mention that the touch screen is slow to respond to user inputs.
- "The 2015 Buick Enclave is a great middle-ground option for families who want a lot of space with luxury ambience, but aren't ready to pay the premium asking price for a three-row SUV from one of the import luxury brands." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Buick Enclave is a midsize-to-large luxury crossover that boasts exceptional practicality, high-end touches and impressive gas mileage. It's made huge strides compared to old Buick models, combining impressive fit and finish with state-of-the-art technology. For those in need of a premium family hauler, there might be no better choice -- unless you're looking to tow a big boat or crawl up the side of a mountain." -- AutoTrader
- "Since its debut back in 2008, the Enclave has been one of the key components of Buick's transformation from an outdated octogenarian favorite to an appealing and fully modern near-luxury brand. One of the first full-size 'utes to trade truck underpinnings for an efficient, carlike unibody platform, its combination of classy styling, refined driving manners and premium interior furnishings have helped attract numerous new buyers to the tri-shield automaker." -- Left Lane News
- "As with its mainstream siblings the Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia, the Enclave is larger than its rivals, making it ideal for those requiring extra space for passengers and cargo. Despite its bigger footprint, the Enclave's sub-$40,000 starting price undercuts rivals by thousands. Buick's 3-row SUV may not have the brand cachet or sleek design of some rivals, but what it lacks in those areas it makes up for in value." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other SUVs to Consider
Reviewers write that the Dodge Durango has composed handling and feels strong with its available V8 engine. They add that the Durango's cabin is attractive and features an easy-to-use Uconnect infotainment system.
The Ford Flex is another SUV that reviews commend for its inviting cabin and well-mannered driving dynamics. The Flex is available with a number of family-friendly features, including an option rear-seat refrigerator.
Details: 2015 Buick Enclave
The 2015 Buick Enclave seats up to eight and comes standard with front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is available. A 3.6-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission are standard on all models. The Enclave is available with three equipment groups: Convenience, Leather and Premium. The Enclave was refreshed for the 2013 model year, but hasn’t been substantially updated since it debuted in 2008. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Buick Enclave
- View the best prices for the 2015 Buick Enclave
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Buick Enclave
- Search used Buick Enclave for sale (7,060 listings)
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings