Buick Enclave Review
The 2013 Buick Enclave ranks 1 out of 21 Affordable Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of 66 published reviews and test drives of the Buick Enclave, and our analysis of reliability and safety data.
The 2013 Buick Enclave is ranked:
Test drivers say the 2013 Buick Enclave brings a comfortable, upscale feel to the midsize crossover segment and has a large cargo hold, well-designed interior and smooth ride.
The 2013 Buick Enclave comes with a 3.6-liter V6 engine that produces 288 horsepower. Even though test drivers think the engine could use a bit more power, they are pleased with the standard six-speed automatic transmission, which they say shifts smoothly. Also, the Enclave receives high marks from auto writers for its comfortable ride and good fuel economy ratings. It gets up to 17/24 mpg city/highway, according to the EPA. While the Enclave handles well for its size, test drivers notice body lean on fast turns, but this is a common trait in SUVs. Overall, most reviewers agree that the Enclave provides steady driving dynamics. The Enclave also stands out with above-average safety scores for the class.
Test drivers think the Enclave has plenty of space and features to keep kids and adults entertained, all in a classy package. Reviewers say the Enclave’s seats are comfortable, even in the third row. In terms of overall cargo space, not many midsize crossovers can match the Enclave. Critics also applaud the Enclave’s well-insulated cabin, which they feel does a great job of shielding passengers from road and engine noises. The base model comes equipped with a rearview camera, satellite radio and Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system with Bluetooth. Optional features include navigation, perforated leather seats, blind zone alert and an upgraded stereo system.
- "The three-row 2013 Buick Enclave makes an excellent choice for families who want classy styling, a luxurious interior and minivan functionality in an SUV package." -- Edmunds
- "The Enclave offers excellent value in terms of space, amenities, styling and efficiency. It undercuts more expensive premium brands by thousands of dollars while still offering the luxury experience that premium-brand buyers demand." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Has the 2013 refresh fixed all the "problems" with the 2012? No, but as we noted in our review of that model, the Lambda platform is so fundamentally sound that even after five years on the market, the Enclave still stands as one of the best all-around examples of a premium three-row crossover that we can think of." -- Truck Trend
Other SUVs to Consider
If you’re seeking a more luxurious SUV, the Lincoln MKT offers comfortable seating for seven, high safety scores and a good reliability rating. Reviewers say the MKT has impressive power and handles well, even in sharp corners. The MKT also gets slightly better fuel economy with a more powerful engine, but trails the Enclave in terms of overall cargo space.
The Chevrolet Traverse, the Enclave’s corporate sibling, offers similar fuel economy, safety scores and a comfortable ride, all for less money. Its interior isn’t as upscale, but reviewers like the Traverse’s attractive cabin and enormous cargo capacity.
Details: 2013 Buick Enclave
The 2013 Buick Enclave comes in Convenience, Leather and Premium trim levels. All trims are available in either front- or all-wheel drive. The base model includes a rearview camera, IntelliLink infotainment system and satellite radio. Top-of-the-line models include heated and cooled front seats and an upgraded Bose sound system. For 2013, the Enclave sees a slightly refreshed interior and exterior, but carries over largely unchanged. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2008 through 2013.
Next Steps: Buick Enclave
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Buick Enclave
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2013 Buick Enclave
- Search used Buick Enclave for sale (3,522 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings