Buick Enclave Review
The 2015 Buick Enclave ranks 4 out of 13 Affordable Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Buick Enclave, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Buick Enclave is ranked:
The 2015 Buick Enclave impresses reviewers with its well-mannered ride, luxurious cabin and abundance of cargo space.
The 2015 Enclave has a V6 engine that some auto writers say has plenty of power for climbing steep hills. However, others think that acceleration from a stop and highway passing power aren't especially impressive. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard. The Buick Enclave achieves up to an EPA-estimated 17/24 mpg city/highway, which is typical for the class. Reviewers are impressed with the Enclave's comfortable ride and composed road manners. They note that it has controlled handling, but say that it is by no means sporty through turns.
Test drivers write that the 2015 Buick Enclave's cabin is luxurious, with an attractive design and plenty of soft-touch surfaces. There is seating for up to eight, and most reviewers say the Enclave's third row offers plenty of space for adults to sit comfortably. The 2015 Enclave also has an impressive amount of cargo space, with up to 115.2 cubic feet of space with the second and third rows folded. Tri-zone automatic climate control, Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system, Bluetooth, a USB port, a rearview camera and rear parking sensors come standard. Optional features include a 10-speaker Bose stereo system, navigation, leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, blind zone alert and a rear-seat entertainment system. Some test drivers find that the IntelliLink system is straightforward, but others mention that the touch screen is slow to respond to user inputs.
- "The 2015 Buick Enclave is a great middle-ground option for families who want a lot of space with luxury ambience, but aren't ready to pay the premium asking price for a three-row SUV from one of the import luxury brands." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Buick Enclave is a midsize-to-large luxury crossover that boasts exceptional practicality, high-end touches and impressive gas mileage. It's made huge strides compared to old Buick models, combining impressive fit and finish with state-of-the-art technology. For those in need of a premium family hauler, there might be no better choice -- unless you're looking to tow a big boat or crawl up the side of a mountain." -- AutoTrader
- "Since its debut back in 2008, the Enclave has been one of the key components of Buick's transformation from an outdated octogenarian favorite to an appealing and fully modern near-luxury brand. One of the first full-size 'utes to trade truck underpinnings for an efficient, carlike unibody platform, its combination of classy styling, refined driving manners and premium interior furnishings have helped attract numerous new buyers to the tri-shield automaker." -- Left Lane News
- "As with its mainstream siblings the Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia, the Enclave is larger than its rivals, making it ideal for those requiring extra space for passengers and cargo. Despite its bigger footprint, the Enclave's sub-$40,000 starting price undercuts rivals by thousands. Buick's 3-row SUV may not have the brand cachet or sleek design of some rivals, but what it lacks in those areas it makes up for in value." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other SUVs to Consider
Reviewers write that the Dodge Durango has composed handling and feels strong with its available V8 engine. They add that the Durango's cabin is attractive and features an easy-to-use Uconnect infotainment system.
The Ford Flex is another SUV that reviews commend for its inviting cabin and well-mannered driving dynamics. The Flex is available with a number of family-friendly features, including an option rear-seat refrigerator.
Details: 2015 Buick Enclave
The 2015 Buick Enclave seats up to eight and comes standard with front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is available. A 3.6-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission are standard on all models. The Enclave is available with three equipment groups: Convenience, Leather and Premium. The Enclave was refreshed for the 2013 model year, but hasn’t been substantially updated since it debuted in 2008. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Buick Enclave
- View the best prices for the 2015 Buick Enclave
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Buick Enclave
- Search used Buick Enclave for sale (7,060 listings)
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings