Buick Enclave Interior
Revised for 2013, the Buick Enclave has a feature-packed, high-quality interior, which reviewers like. Attractive and roomy, critics appreciate the Enclave’s hushed cabin, abundant cargo space and spacious seats, especially in the third row. Test drivers also note that the Enclave has good material quality in the cabin.
- "At cruising speeds Buick's attention to noise reduction pays off; very little wind, road or engine noise makes it into the cabin." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The well-assembled interior includes high-quality materials. Chrome and wood-finish trim accents impart a classy ambiance. The standard cloth upholstery is nice enough, but the available leather feels more upscale.” -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "While the first things you're likely to notice about the Enclave's interior are its stylish design and quality materials, these superficial elements are just the beginning.” -- Edmunds (2012)
The 2013 Enclave has seating for up to eight. Cloth upholstery comes standard, and perforated leather seats are optional. Second-row seats (in either bench or captain’s chairs) feature Buick’s SmartSlide, which allows access to the third row with the pull of a handle. The second row also slides fore and aft.
Test drivers say that all three rows of seating offer plenty of space and comfort. Head- and legroom are especially appreciated up front. Reviewers also praise the second row’s ability to slide forward and ease access to the third row. One reviewer notes that rear visibility is hampered by the roof pillars, which is something the backup camera and blind zone alert may be able to help.
- "Getting to the rear-most seats in many vehicles can be a hassle. Not so in the 2013 Buick Enclave SUV, where the cleverly designed second-row seats, with flip-up cushions and the capability to slide far forward, provide a wide flat space to enter the third-row seating area." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The ability to comfortably transport up to eight passengers with the available second-row bench seat is something not all crossovers can claim. Even the third-row seats are suitable for adult passengers.” -- Edmunds (2012)
- "Plenty of headroom and legroom. Thick roof pillars and a high belt line in back hinder the rear view, making the available rear-obstacle detection worthwhile. Despite its tall build and chair-height seats, entry and exit are a breeze." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Standard features on the Enclave include Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system with Bluetooth and a USB port, a rearview camera, satellite radio and a power liftgate. Optional equipment includes an upgraded Bose audio system, rear-seat entertainment system, navigation, heated and cooled front seats and blind spot alert.
Reviewers say that the Enclave’s interior features are impressive. Controls are well-placed and easy to use and critics like how well-integrated the IntelliLink system is with the rest of the interior.
- "At the same time, the revised cabin features a thoroughly contemporary design with sturdy materials and trim that feel rich to the touch, ice-blue ambient lighting, eight-way power seats for driver and passenger, and tri-zone climate control." -- Edmunds
- "The 2013 Buick Enclave gets a handsome new instrument panel with stylized instrument faces and clean integration of the IntelliLink touchscreen display." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The most appreciated changes, however, are to the climate controls. Last years' flat buttons are replaced with two knobs accented with brightly lit LED temperature readouts. They're immediately intuitive and a step forward in ergonomics and design." -- Truck Trend
- "Clear, luminous gauges are easy to see in all light conditions. The available navigation system absorbs most audio functions, but doesn't complicate their use. …" -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The Enclave’s total cargo space tops some large SUVs, with 115.2 cubic feet of room behind the first row. Even with all seats in use, reviewers say the Enclave’s 23.3 cubic feet is ample and useful because of its easily accessible load floor. Behind the second row, there is 68.9 cubic feet of space. Also, critics note that the Enclave offers plenty of cabin storage for small items.
- "Cargo space behind the third row is unusually generous for this class." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "There's more usable space behind the raised 3rd-row seat than in most midsize SUVs, plus a handy underfloor compartment. Both the 2nd- and 3rd-row seats fold forward easily to create a flat, nearly-level load floor. … Several bins and cubbies provide ample interior storage." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "For bulky items, folding down the second and third-row seats creates a nice flat load floor with 116 cubic feet of cargo room, a number that handily beats many crossovers but falls short of the massive carrying capacity of modern minivans." -- Edmunds (2012)
Next Steps: Buick Enclave
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Buick Enclave
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Buick Enclave for sale (3,682 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Buick Enclave
- See what others paid for the 2013 Buick Enclave
- View Buick Enclave Photos
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings