Buick Enclave Performance
The 2015 Buick Enclave earns reviewer praise for its composed, quiet ride. Test drivers agree that it has secure handling, but some say to not expect notably brisk acceleration.
- "The 2015 Buick Enclave, like its GM large-crossover brethren, delivers a relaxed, car-like ride. Above everything else, it's comfortable, and thanks to Buick's efforts, this ride is free of most wind, road and tire noise." -- AutoTrader
- "Along with the requisite cargo and passenger space, the 2015 Buick Enclave's calling card is its impressively smooth and quiet ride. Unlike some traditional truck-based SUVs, it can be driven daily on pitted freeways and uneven asphalt in comfort." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Buick Enclave lives up to its premium SUV image with a quiet and comfortable ride." -- Kelley Blue Book
Acceleration and Power
The Buick Enclave is powered by a 3.6-liter V6 that produces 288 horsepower. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard. The 2015 Enclave achieves up an EPA-estimated 17/24 mpg city/highway, which is a bit low for the class.
Some test drivers write that the Enclave has plenty of power and can climb steep hills with ease, but others find that while there is generally sufficient power, acceleration from a stop isn't very brisk, and the engine can feel overtaxed when the Enclave is loaded with passengers or cargo. A handful of critics also note that the transmission can be sluggish to downshift when more power is needed.
- "The 2015 Buick Enclave isn't exactly light on its feet. The V6 engine provides adequate performance but lacks authoritative punch during passing maneuvers. In addition, the automatic transmission can be slow to react when a quick downshift is needed, but gearchanges are at least smooth." -- Edmunds
- "The six produces 288 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque - that's enough output to get the big crossover moving with respectable alacrity, although it pales at the potent V8s offered by more upmarket rivals." -- Left Lane News
- "The 3.6-liter V6 and its 288 horsepower offer good - but not startling - acceleration and passing power. And despite the Buick's size and 4,700-pound weight, the engine eagerly propels the big vehicle even up steep mountain passes that make lesser cars wheeze." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Enclave has good off-the-line acceleration but could occasionally use some extra hp. When it's loaded down with passengers and cargo or pulling a trailer, the V6 can seem labored." -- AutoTrader
Handling and Braking
The 2015 Enclave comes standard with front-wheel drive, while all wheel drive is available. According to the automotive press, the Enclave has a quiet, comfortable ride. While some report that the Enclave isn't especially athletic, they agree that its handling is still composed. However, a few reviewers note that the Enclave's large size can make it tricky to maneuver in tight quarters.
- "The Enclave is most adept as a comfortable cruiser, with a soft ride and an insulated cabin that benefits from Buick's 'QuietTuning' sound suppression. Conversely, this big Buick isn't one to embrace twisty canyon roads with much enthusiasm. In our time on such switchbacks, it was best to go easy on the throttle." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It's an excellent highway cruiser, however, thanks to its impressively smooth ride and low levels of wind and road noise. Driven around turns, this big crossover SUV is reasonably secure, but it does feel bulkier and less maneuverable than the sportier MDX." -- Edmunds
- "The Enclave's crossover architecture exhibits more precision and agility than a similarly sized SUV. Its overall dynamics feel secure and confident. The Enclave is still a large and heavy vehicle, however, and it must be managed like one. Its size can become an issue on small city streets or in crowded parking lots." -- AutoTrader
- "It may not be in the same league as the athletic Mazda CX-9, but the Enclave can hustle through the curves when asked." -- Truck Trend (2013)
Next Steps: Buick Enclave
- View the best prices for the 2015 Buick Enclave
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Buick Enclave
- Search used Buick Enclave for sale (11,291 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings