Buick Encore Interior
Although it’s smaller than most SUVs in the class, reviewers say that the 2014 Buick Encore features a stylish cabin design that’s fitted with premium materials. They note that soft-touch surfaces add to the interior’s upscale feel, while a standard active noise cancellation system keeps the Encore’s cabin exceptionally quiet.
- "Fit and finish throughout the Encore's cabin is generally pretty good, and well-placed soft-touch materials and splashes of simulated wood and metallic accents provide an upscale look." -- Edmunds
- "The interior of the 2014 Buick Encore shows significant thought went into both its design and detail, with the same upscale ambiance found in Buick's larger sedans and SUVs." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Encore's interior is dressed in attractive two-tone duds, and the premium feel is accentuated by active noise cancellation, which mutes the engine's drone to keep the Encore impressively quiet and Buick-like." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "Clean, sweeping lines decorate soft-touch plastics and leather; seats are stuffed with high-density foam; forward visibility isn't a problem." -- Motor Trend (2013)
Reviewers say that the 2014 Encore’s front seats are comfortable and offer good forward visibility. However, one test driver notes that rearward visibility is compromised by thick roof pillars and a small rear window. Another auto writer says that the Encore’s back seat is on the small side, but others comment that it’s surprisingly spacious when you consider the Encore’s compact size. The Encore seats five and comes with cloth upholstery and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. A power-adjustable front passenger seat, heated front seats, leather upholstery and a heated steering wheel are optional or available on higher trims.
- "Up front there's plenty of room all around, and the wide seats prove comfortable. Those seats are also pleasantly high, providing a commanding view around and above traffic as well as easing entry and exit. In back, there's ample legroom even for 6-footers, though there's less rear shoulder room and hiproom than in most other compact crossovers. Rear-facing car seats will be a tight fit back here." -- Edmunds
- "While the Buick Encore is smaller than most compact crossovers (it's ten inches shorter than the Ford Escape), GM's smallest crossover doesn't feel cramped from the inside." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "Once on the road, we quickly found the Encore's decently formed front buckets to be equally long on comfort, whether wrapped in cloth/leatherette or available full leather. They're teamed with a 60/40 split rear bench that has adult-friendly outboard positions that flank a kid-capable center slot." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "Forward visibility is good, and the aforementioned seat height helps the driver to see eye-to-eye with larger crossovers, furthering the illusion that the Encore is larger than it is. Rear visibility is less convincing, with thick C-pillars and a smallish rear window crimping one's view." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2014 Buick Encore comes standard with a backup camera and a six-speaker stereo with Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system, which includes a 7-inch color display, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, satellite radio, an auxiliary input jack and a USB port. Options and features available on higher trims include a sunroof, navigation, dual-zone automatic climate control, as well as blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert, forward collision warning and lane departure warning systems.
Reviewers are impressed with the Encore’s long list of standard features, though one test driver notes that items like a power liftgate and push-button start are not available. Still, another auto writer praises the Encore’s IntelliLink infotainment system, saying that the system works quickly and is extremely easy to use.
- "There are plenty of buttons here, but we like the added redundancy they provide, and overall, the Encore's IntelliLink is fast, reliable and easy to use as infotainment and smartphone app integration systems go." -- Edmunds
- "Three different trim packages -- Convenience, Leather and Premium -- add comfort and convenience items to the mix, including sophisticate[d] technology like a navigation system and lane-departure alert, although keyless ignition and a power liftgate are notably absent." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "The standard equipment list is impressive and includes power adjustable driver's seat, 7-inch IntelliLink multimedia system (USB, AUX, Bluetooth, XM), cruise control, rearview camera, heated mirrors, and roof rails, among many others." -- Motor Trend (2013)
The Encore has 18.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the back seat, which expands to 48.4 cubic feet with the second row folded. While that’s more cargo space than what the Nissan Juke offers, the Encore’s cargo hold is significantly smaller than those found in the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. Still, reviewers find the space useful and note that the front passenger seat can also fold flat to accommodate longer items. Additionally, one test driver writes that there’s plenty of small-item storage space in the Encore’s cabin.
- "In addition, the Encore's interior offers flexibility, as you can fold both the front passenger seat (a standard feature) and the rear seats flat. So done, there's room to stack lumber or anything up to 8 feet long inside the Encore and still close its liftgate." -- Edmunds
- "A large hatch provides easy access to its 18.8-cubic-foot cargo bay, which expands to 48.4 cubic feet with the aft seatbacks folded." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "At the same time, there's plenty of room in the cargo area for a few full-size suitcases, while the front passenger's seat folds flat to make way for items up to eight-feet long." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "Numerous storage bins in the dash, doors, floor, and cargo area hold everything from pencils and spare change to water bottles and purses." -- Motor Trend (2013)
Next Steps: Buick Encore
- View the best prices for the 2014 Buick Encore
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Buick Encore
- Search used Buick Encore for sale (1,387 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings