Buick Encore Interior
Automotive journalists praise the 2015 Buick Encore’s polished cabin and say it’s outfitted with upscale materials, including high-quality plastics and soft-touch surfaces. Its front seats are comfortable and offer excellent forward visibility, test drivers write, while rear-seat head- and legroom is good for a pair of adults. Additionally, test drivers say the Encore’s cabin is notably quiet.
- "Climbing inside the Encore, you're immediately struck by the handsome cabin and high-quality materials. It's particularly impressive considering the Encore's reasonable pricing that starts below $26,000 with destination." -- AutoTrader
- "Despite its diminutive dimensions, the little Buick is far from a penalty box inside, offering upscale plastics and plenty of soft-touch materials." -- Left Lane News
- "The interior of the 2015 Buick Encore SUV shows significant thought went into both its design and detail, with the same upscale ambiance found in Buick's larger sedans and SUVs." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Fit and finish throughout the Encore's cabin is generally pretty good, and well-placed soft-touch materials and splashes of simulated wood and metallic accents provide an upscale look." -- Edmunds (2014)
Buick Encore Pictures
The five-seat Buick Encore comes standard with cloth upholstery and a six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat. A power-adjustable front passenger seat, heated front seats, leather upholstery and a heated steering wheel are available. According to automotive writers, the 2015 Encore has more interior space than its small size suggests. They say its front seats are comfortable, and that there is an excellent view of the road from the driver’s seat. Its back seat has good head- and legroom for two adults, they add. Reviewers also agree that the Encore’s cabin is well-isolated from outside noise.
- "Though it isn't nearly as spacious as most mainstream ‘compact’ crossovers that play in the same price bracket, the Encore feels larger than it is thanks to clever packaging and oversized front windows. It offers plenty of head- and leg-room for four adults, though the middle rear seat is best left to children." -- Left Lane News
- "We also appreciate the Encore's commanding driving position, especially considering its compact-car roots." -- AutoTrader
- "Substantial soundproofing pays off, as the Encore's cabin seems to ignore noise generated by the big wheel/tire combo, as well as the wind rushing over its sleek skin." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Up front there's plenty of room all around, and the wide seats prove comfortable. Those seats are also pleasantly high, providing a commanding view around and above traffic as well as easing entry and exit. In back, there's ample legroom even for 6-footers, though there's less rear shoulder room and hiproom than in most other compact crossovers. Rear-facing car seats will be a tight fit back here." -- Edmunds (2014)
The 2015 Buick Encore comes standard with a rearview camera, Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system with a 7-inch color display, Bluetooth, satellite radio, a USB port and a Wi-Fi hot spot provided by OnStar 4G LTE (subscription required). Options include a sunroof, navigation, a seven-speaker Bose audio system, remote start, dual-zone automatic climate control, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, forward collision warning and lane departure warning.
A few test drivers say the Buick Encore’s infotainment system responds quickly and is straightforward to use. Although automotive journalists are pleased with the Encore’s abundance of standard features, some critics point out that features like a power liftgate and push-button start aren’t available.
- "There are plenty of buttons here, but we like the added redundancy they provide, and overall, the Encore's IntelliLink is fast, reliable and easy to use as infotainment and smartphone app integration systems go." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Three different trim packages -- Convenience, Leather and Premium -- add comfort and convenience items to the mix, including sophisticate[d] technology like a navigation system and lane-departure alert, although keyless ignition and a power liftgate are notably absent." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "The standard equipment list is impressive and includes power adjustable driver's seat, 7-inch IntelliLink multimedia system (USB, AUX, Bluetooth, XM), cruise control, rearview camera, heated mirrors, and roof rails, among many others." -- Motor Trend (2013)
The 2015 Buick Encore has 18.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the back seat and 48.4 cubic feet with the second row folded. Many SUVs in the class have significantly more cargo room. Still, reviewers find the space useful and appreciate that the front passenger seat can fold flat to accommodate longer items. Additionally, a few automotive writers say the Encore has lots of small-item storage space.
- "The Encore could also use some extra room in back. Currently, the crossover has a tight back seat and a fairly small cargo area -- a function of its small size. Once again, we think that many shoppers won't mind, as some -- especially those who rarely carry passengers or lots of equipment -- will flock to the Encore specifically because of its size." -- AutoTrader
- "A large hatch provides easy access to its 18.8-cubic-foot cargo bay. …" -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In addition, the Encore's interior offers flexibility, as you can fold both the front passenger seat (a standard feature) and the rear seats flat. So done, there's room to stack lumber or anything up to 8 feet long inside the Encore and still close its liftgate." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Numerous storage bins in the dash, doors, floor, and cargo area hold everything from pencils and spare change to water bottles and purses." -- Motor Trend (2013)
Next Steps: Buick Encore
- View the best prices for the 2015 Buick Encore
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Buick Encore
- Search used Buick Encore for sale (1,086 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings