Buick LaCrosse Review
The 2015 Buick LaCrosse ranks 6 out of 10 Affordable Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Buick LaCrosse, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers agree that the Buick LaCrosse offers a high-quality, roomy cabin and a comfortable ride, but they’re let down by its numb steering and limited trunk space.
The 2015 Buick LaCrosse eAssist is powered by a four-cylinder engine and an electric motor, and reviewers say that the LaCrosse eAssist can be slow to accelerate. However, some prefer the available V6 engine for its additional power. The LaCrosse eAssist gets an EPA-estimated 25/36 mpg city/highway, which is excellent for the class. Models equipped with the V6 engine earn 18/28 mpg city/highway, which is slightly below average for a V6-powered affordable large car. While critics report that the 2015 Buick LaCrosse isn’t especially nimble, they appreciate its comfortable, quiet ride, and decently controlled handling. Still, some reviewers write that the steering system could provide better feedback.
Reviewers say the 2015 Buick LaCrosse has a quiet and attractive interior that’s built with first-rate materials. They also praise its roomy and comfortable front seats, as well as its spacious rear seats. However, many test drivers note that the LaCrosse doesn’t have much trunk space for the class. The LaCrosse comes equipped with dual-zone automatic climate control, remote start, a rearview camera, Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch-screen display, Bluetooth and a Wi-Fi hot spot provided by OnStar with 4G LTE. Available features include an 11-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, navigation, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, a head-up display, a sunroof, push-button start and rear parking sensors. Test drivers say that the LaCrosse’s infotainment system is generally easy to use, and they like that it can be controlled with knobs, steering wheel buttons or voice commands.
- "The 2015 LaCrosse is an excellent choice for luxury shoppers seeking fuel economy and value. That's even true for buyers in cold-weather climates because it features available all-wheel drive. Yes, it has a few foibles, but they are by no means deal breakers, especially among the car's target market." -- AutoTrader
- "Conservatively handsome, well equipped, capable, quiet, comfortable, and refined, the LaCrosse presents well as a thoroughly credible alternative to import brands like the new Hyundai Genesis and Acura TLX sedans." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The LaCrosse is a full-size premium sedan and the flagship model of the Buick brand. Unlike Buick's octogenarian-focused offerings of years past, the LaCrosse deserves full consideration from buyers of all ages thanks to its handsome interior, strong available V6 motor and excellent ride/handling balance." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2014 Buick LaCrosse has some faults, but overall, we like this big sedan for its premium style and comprehensive features." -- Edmunds (2014)
Other Cars to Consider
Test drivers say the Chevrolet Impala has one of the nicest interiors in the class, and they praise its large trunk and roomy back seat. The Impala also has a lower starting price than the LaCrosse, and it’s available with a powerful V6 engine.
The Kia Cadenza earns slightly better fuel economy than the V6-powered LaCrosse, and reviewers praise its composed handling. Additionally, automotive journalists write that the Cadenza offers a high-quality interior with straightforward tech features.
Details: 2015 Buick LaCrosse
The 2015 Buick LaCrosse seats five and comes with front-wheel drive. The LaCrosse eAssist comes with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. A more powerful 3.6-liter V6 engine is available. Both are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is available on V6 models. The Buick LaCrosse is available in four trims: base, Leather, Premium I and Premium II. The Buick LaCrosse has not been fully redesigned since 2010. Since it sees no major changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Buick LaCrosse
- View the best prices for the 2015 Buick LaCrosse
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Buick LaCrosse
- Search used Buick LaCrosse for sale (7,593 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings