Buick LaCrosse Review
The 2015 Buick LaCrosse ranks 4 out of 11 Affordable Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Buick LaCrosse, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers appreciate the 2015 Buick LaCrosse's spacious interior, first-rate cabin materials and smooth ride, but its dull steering and small trunk disappoint them.
A four-cylinder engine and an electric motor propel the 2015 Buick LaCrosse eAssist. Test drivers find acceleration sluggish, and some prefer the optional V6 engine for its extra power. At an EPA-estimated 25/36 mpg city/highway, the LaCrosse eAssist has first-rate fuel economy for the class. Models equipped with the V6 engine earn 18/28 mpg city/highway, which is slightly below average for a V6-powered affordable large car. While critics report that the 2015 Buick LaCrosse isn’t especially nimble, they appreciate its comfortable, quiet ride, and decently controlled handling. Still, some reviewers write that the steering system could provide better feedback.
Critics report the 2015 Buick LaCrosse's cabin is quiet and handsomely outfitted with high-end materials. They say the front and rear seats are ample and comfortable, but not the trunk, which has less space than many cars in this class. The LaCrosse comes equipped with dual-zone automatic climate control, remote start, a rearview camera, Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch-screen display, Bluetooth and a Wi-Fi hot spot provided by OnStar with 4G LTE. Available features include an 11-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, navigation, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, a head-up display, a sunroof, push-button start and rear parking sensors. Test drivers say that the LaCrosse’s infotainment system is generally easy to use, and they like that it can be controlled with knobs, steering wheel buttons or voice commands.
- "The 2015 LaCrosse is an excellent choice for luxury shoppers seeking fuel economy and value. That's even true for buyers in cold-weather climates because it features available all-wheel drive. Yes, it has a few foibles, but they are by no means deal breakers, especially among the car's target market." -- AutoTrader
- "Conservatively handsome, well equipped, capable, quiet, comfortable, and refined, the LaCrosse presents well as a thoroughly credible alternative to import brands like the new Hyundai Genesis and Acura TLX sedans." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The LaCrosse is a full-size premium sedan and the flagship model of the Buick brand. Unlike Buick's octogenarian-focused offerings of years past, the LaCrosse deserves full consideration from buyers of all ages thanks to its handsome interior, strong available V6 motor and excellent ride/handling balance." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2014 Buick LaCrosse has some faults, but overall, we like this big sedan for its premium style and comprehensive features." -- Edmunds (2014)
Buick LaCrosse Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Test drivers say the Chevrolet Impala has one of the nicest interiors in the class, and they praise its large trunk and roomy back seat. The Impala also has a lower starting price than the LaCrosse, and it’s available with a powerful V6 engine.
The Kia Cadenza earns slightly better fuel economy than the V6-powered LaCrosse, and reviewers praise its composed handling. Additionally, automotive journalists write that the Cadenza offers a high-quality interior with straightforward tech features.
Details: 2015 Buick LaCrosse
The 2015 Buick LaCrosse seats five and comes with front-wheel drive. The LaCrosse eAssist comes with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. A more powerful 3.6-liter V6 engine is available. Both are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is available on V6 models. The Buick LaCrosse is available in four trims: base, Leather, Premium I and Premium II. The Buick LaCrosse has not been fully redesigned since 2010. Since it sees no major changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Research Prices: 2015 Buick LaCrosse
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Buick LaCrosse and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Buick LaCrosse
- View the best prices for the 2015 Buick LaCrosse
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Buick LaCrosse
- Search used Buick LaCrosse for sale (7,593 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals