Buick Verano Review
The 2015 Buick Verano ranks 7 out of 13 Upscale Small Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Buick Verano, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers praise the Buick Verano’s premium and near-silent cabin, but they say its base engine is underpowered and its handling isn’t as sporty as some rivals’.
The 2015 Buick Verano is powered by a four-cylinder engine that some reviewers say struggles to accelerate off-the-line and to get up to highway speeds, while others report that it provides adequate power. They prefer the available turbocharged four-cylinder engine, which they think has great power output and delivers swift acceleration. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, though some critics prefer the six-speed manual that’s available with the turbocharged engine, which they say makes the best use of the engine’s power. Reviewers praise the Verano’s comfortable ride and precise, nicely weighted steering. While they also report that the Verano feels stable in turns, most don’t consider it athletic.
The 2015 Buick Verano offers an upscale cabin with high-quality materials, according to automotive journalists. Test drivers praise the Verano's ultra-quiet interior and roomy front seats, but say its rear seats have limited room for adults. At 14.3 cubic feet, the Verano has a good amount of trunk space for the class. The 2015 Buick Verano comes with a rearview camera, Buick’s IntelliLink infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen, satellite radio, Bluetooth and a Wi-Fi hot spot provided by OnStar 4G LTE. Optional features include a nine-speaker Bose sound system, push-button start, navigation, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning and rear parking sensors. Reviewers agree that the touch-screen navigation system is easy to use, but some wish there weren't so many physical buttons cluttering the dashboard.
- "Though it shares a platform with the less-expensive Chevrolet Cruze, the Verano justifies its higher pricetag with more powerful engines, additional premium features and a quiet, upscale interior." -- Left Lane News
- "The Verano is a great car option for young professionals looking for premium amenities without breaking the bank. Since it's not as mainstream as, say, the Infiniti G or the Lexus IS, originality is also on the Verano's side." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2014 Buick Verano deftly delivers luxury car qualities to the small car realm. It's a great choice if you're set on buying a compact sedan, but keep in mind that similarly priced midsize cars offer more space and superior fuel efficiency." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Though not as athletic as an Acura ILX or as fuel-efficient as a Lexus CT 200h hybrid, the Verano and its topline Turbo version stand out in the entry-level luxury segment with their refinement and value proposition. With a starting price under $25,000, the 2014 Verano offers one of the most comfortable rides for the money." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "A semi-sporting, near-luxury subcompact Buick sedan (with optional manual transmission, don't forget) is anything but run of the mill, but it may not be the car that turns buyers out in droves, either." -- Autoblog (2013)
Other Cars to Consider
Reviewers praise the redesigned Audi A3’s sporty handling, as well as its offering of dynamic turbocharged engines. They also like its premium interior materials and straightforward infotainment system.
According to reviewers, the Fiat 500L’s cavernous cargo hold, roomy seats and superb visibility make it one of the most practical options in the class. Its interior tech is also easy to use, they add. Test drivers say its ride is comfortable and its handling is fairly stable.
Details: 2015 Buick Verano
The five-seat 2015 Buick Verano is available in base, Convenience Group, Leather Group and Premium Group trims. All models except the Premium Group have a 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine. The Verano Premium Group has a turbocharged, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, and a six-speed manual is available on the Premium Group model. Buick introduced the Verano for the 2012 model year and it sees few changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Buick Verano
- View the best prices for the 2015 Buick Verano
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Buick Verano
- Search used Buick Verano for sale (2,499 listings)
- See Upscale Small Cars rankings