Cadillac ATS Review
The 2015 Cadillac ATS ranks 5 out of 14 Upscale Small Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Cadillac ATS, as well as reliability and safety data.
Automotive writers agree that the 2015 Cadillac ATS is among the best-handling cars in the class, regardless of whether you choose the sedan or all-new coupe.
Test drivers say that the standard four-cylinder engine in the 2015 Cadillac ATS sedan delivers decent acceleration. Still, most reviewers prefer the considerably more powerful turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which is available in the sedan and standard in the coupe. They also like the available 3.6-liter V6. A six-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive are standard on every ATS model; all-wheel drive and a six-speed manual transmission are optional. The turbocharged 2015 ATS sedan gets an EPA-rated 21/30 mpg city/highway, which is worse than the fuel economy of many more-powerful rivals like the BMW 335i and Acura TLX V6. While some say the ATS isn’t quite as engaging as class leaders like the BMW 4-Series, most still think the ATS is one of the best-handling cars in the class. The also love how the ATS delivers a smooth ride, despite its nimble handling.
Reviewers appreciate the 2015 ATS' attractive interior and premium materials. However, they dislike the limited rear-seat space and small trunk in both the ATS sedan and coupe. Test drivers are also critical of the car's CUE infotainment system, which they say has a perplexing interface and slow-to-respond touch-sensitive buttons. Standard features in the 2015 Cadillac ATS include a Bose audio system, Bluetooth phone connectivity, two USB ports, push-button start, satellite radio and a new version of the subscription-based OnStar system with a built-in 4G Wi-Fi hot spot. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, a sunroof, navigation, a rearview camera, Bluetooth music streaming, a wireless phone charger, a head-up display, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, active lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with pre-collision braking, front and rear parking sensors and Cadillac's CUE infotainment system.
- "Can an American manufacturer build a sports sedan that matches up to the best of the fabled European and ascending Japanese models? The answer is yes. With a 2-door coupe model now in the mix, the ATS lineup is all the more attractive." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Like its sedan sibling, the 2015 Cadillac ATS coupe is a trim, tight package that prioritizes driving dynamics." -- Automobile Magazine
- "It's the completeness of the ATS package that really wins us over. It's athletic, sure, but the ATS is also every bit as smooth and luxurious as a premium sedan should be." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Cadillac ATS is an enjoyable entry-level sport luxury coupe worthy of comparison with more established German rivals. Although not a class leader, the ATS is a solid choice, especially if you want to drive something a little different from the norm." -- Edmunds (coupe)
Cadillac ATS Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The base four-cylinder Acura TLX gets better fuel economy than the base ATS sedan, and critics love its lively acceleration and nimble handling. Automotive journalists also note that the TLX has an exceptionally quiet cabin with ample rear-seat legroom.
Critics agree that the BMW 428i coupe has phenomenally sharp handling and a smooth-revving, powerful, turbocharged, four-cylinder engine. The 428i also gets much better fuel economy than the ATS 2.0L Turbo and has a much larger trunk.
Details: 2015 Cadillac ATS
The 2015 Cadillac ATS is available as a five-seat sedan or all-new four-seat coupe. The ATS comes with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, rear-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic transmission. A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder and 3.6-liter V6 are available, as are all-wheel drive and a six-speed manual transmission. The 2015 ATS comes in four trim levels: Standard, Luxury, Performance and Premium. The ATS has not been fully redesigned since its debut in 2013, and since it only sees a few changes this year, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Cadillac ATS
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac ATS
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac ATS
- Search used Cadillac ATS for sale (987 listings)
- See Upscale Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals