2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon Review
This review was written when the 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon was new.
The 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon combines the sporty prowess of the CTS sedan with the utility of an SUV, and effectively competes with the sportiest of luxury wagons. Though the Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon is all-new, it has already left quite an impression on auto critics. In addition to being named a Consumer Guide "Best Buy," the CTS Sport Wagon is also one of Car and Driver's "10Best Cars" for 2010.
Hot on the heels of its successful CTS sedan, Cadillac introduces the all-new CTS Sport Wagon -- which seeks to combine the utility of a large cargo area with the CTS's exemplary driving dynamics. Fortunately for General Motors, most critics agree that it’s done just that. Automobile Magazine writes: "Cadillac executives see station wagons as the fuel-economy-driven middle ground between cars and SUVs, and they view the CTS wagon as the Next Great Leap toward the marque's global success. To be frank, it's hard not to agree with them."
The CTS Sport Wagon features two powerful engine options, a 270-horsepower 3.0-liter V6 and 304-horsepower 3.6-liter V6. It can also be outfitted with either a rear-wheel or all-wheel drivetrain. Equipped with loads of performance and safety-enhancing technology, like traction control and a StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System, test drivers report that the 2010 CTS Sport Wagon handles like a dream. In fact, many critics agree that its road manners are just as sporty as its sedan sibling.
Other Wagons to Consider
Car shoppers in the market for a sporty luxury wagon should also consider the 2010 Audi A4 Avant. Rated at 211-horsepower, it’s not as powerful as the 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon, but provides slightly better fuel economy, handles just as sportingly, and its Quattro all-wheel drive system comes standard. It’s arguably more lavish inside too, and costs about $5K less.
Details: 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon
The CTS Sport Wagon is available in four trims: base, Luxury, Performance and Premium.
- "Oh, Cadillac, why did you have to do it do it? Just when you finally managed to shake off your wiseguy reputation with the world-class CTS sedan, you went and turned the darn thing into a hearse. Lucky for us it's a pretty cool hearse, with the potential to be even cooler." -- Fox News
- "In almost all cosmetic and mechanical respects, the CTS sedan and the wagon are identical, so the reasons to buy the wagon boil down to two: the compelling exterior styling and the cargo versatility." -- Los Angeles Times
- "It's so much fun you almost forget the cavernous space in the back, until, of course, you need to load it up with groceries, luggage and golf clubs." -- Detroit News
- "It's easy to find stories, sound bites or blogs that denigrate the new GM for a variety of reasons. Cadillac's CTS Sport Wagon is not one of them. This is a properly designed, thoughtfully developed, well-built automobile." -- Road and Track
- "While America equates station wagons with conservative, almost nerdy designs (and, therefore, drivers), Cadillac is hoping the CTS Sport Wagon will catch on as a cool form of family transportation." -- New Car Test Drive