Cadillac CTS Review
The 2015 Cadillac CTS ranks 1 out of 17 Upscale Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Cadillac CTS, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Cadillac CTS' powerful engine options, responsive handling and dazzling interior impress reviewers.
Critics say that the turbocharged four-cylinder engine in the base 2015 Cadillac CTS generates good power. Test drivers report that the optional V6 engine allows for powerful acceleration and helps create a full-bodied exhaust sound, and they love the Vsport's muscular and invigorating twin-turbo V6 engine. According to the EPA, the base CTS gets 20/30 mpg city/highway, which is decent for the class. Reviewers think the 2015 CTS has incredibly athletic handling, and they like its strong brakes and excellent steering feedback. They say the base model has a very comfortable ride, but they recommend ordering the adjustable Magnetic Ride Control suspension if you want an even better mix of comfort and agility.
The CTS isn't just a stylish performer, however. Its combination of safety and reliability ratings, space and available family-friendly features make it our 2015 Best Upscale Midsize Car for Families.
The 2015 Cadillac CTS' interior is among the most handsome in the class, automotive writers say, with top-of-the-line cabin materials, outstanding noise isolation and supportive front seats adding to its allure. Some say the CTS' back seat can accommodate 6-footers comfortably, though others complain that back-seat legroom is insufficient. Standard features in the 2015 Cadillac CTS include rear parking sensors, Bluetooth, satellite radio, an 11-speaker Bose audio system, hands-free text messaging, Cadillac’s CUE touch-screen infotainment system and OnStar 4G LTE with a Wi-Fi hot spot (subscription required). Available features include leather upholstery, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic braking, active lane keep assist, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert, parallel and perpendicular parking assist, a rearview camera, a vibrating safety alert seat, a power sunroof, a head-up display and navigation. Automotive journalists write that CUE’s touch screen and center console buttons react slowly to user inputs, which can make the system frustrating to use, especially while driving.
- "It's been a while since Cadillac has truly been able to deliver on the promise of its ‘Standard of the World’ tagline. The athletic ATS sedan comes close on the handling front, but it's the polished, well-rounded CTS that really has what it takes to match - and sometimes exceed - what the best luxury cars from all corners of the globe can offer." -- Left Lane News
- "In terms of dynamics, performance, luxury, and feature availability, the CTS is a strong competitor to more established upper-line models in the premium-midsize segment, with a bold design character that stands apart from its European rivals." -- Consumer Guide
- "Like its European competitors the BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class, the Cadillac CTS offers a fine blend of style, comfort, technology and performance." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With its sharp styling, well-trimmed cabin and engaging performance, the 2015 Cadillac CTS stands as a serious contender among midsize luxury sport sedans." -- Edmunds
Cadillac CTS Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Mercedes-Benz E-Class earns praise from auto writers for its comfortable ride and opulent cabin. The E-Class has a larger trunk than the CTS, and critics say its rear seats are quite spacious.
The BMW 528i gets better fuel economy than the base CTS, and test drivers say it offers strong acceleration. Reviewers also like the 5-Series’ composed handling, and they say BMW’s iDrive infotainment system responds quickly to user inputs.
Details: 2015 Cadillac CTS
The 2015 Cadillac CTS sedan seats five and is available in Standard, Luxury, Performance, Premium, Vsport and Vsport Premium trims. The CTS comes standard with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. All-wheel drive and a 3.6-liter V6 are available. Vsport models come with a twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V6. The limited edition 2015 CTS-V coupe seats four and has a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 engine. The CTS sedan was redesigned last year and sees few changes for 2015, so this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Cadillac CTS
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac CTS
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac CTS
- Search used Cadillac CTS for sale (9,431 listings)
- See Upscale Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals