2010 Cadillac CTS Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 07/02/2014
- Consequence: If the key is not in the run position, the air bags may not deploy if the vehicle is involved in a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V394000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 554,328
- Summary: This defect can affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. General Motors LLC (GM) notified the agency on July 2, 2014 that they are recalling 554,328 model year 2003-2014 Cadillac CTS vehicles manufactured August 16, 2001, to April 28, 2014, and 2004-2006 Cadillac SRX vehicles manufactured March 20, 2003, to August 11, 2006. In these models, the weight on the key ring and/or road conditions or some other jarring event may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine.
- Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will provide two replacement key rings, and vehicles with slotted keys will receive key inserts, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. GM's number for this recall is 14172.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SUSPENSION:REARRecall Date: 02/11/2011
- Consequence: THE DRIVER MAY EXPERIENCE SUDDEN CHANGES WITH VEHICLE HANDLING AND MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CONTROL THE VEHICLE INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V089000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 11,147
- Summary: GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2009-2010 CADILLAC CTS VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH A WAX COATING ON THE REAR SUSPENSION TOE LINK JAM NUTS MAY ALLOW THE NUT(S) TO LOOSEN. IF A NUT SUFFICIENTLY LOOSENS, THE TOE LINK COULD SEPARATE AND THE REAR WHEEL WOULD BE ABLE TO TURN INBOARD OR OUTBOARD. OWNERS MAY HEAR A METALLIC CLANKING NOISE COMING FROM THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE THAT MAY WARN OF A LOOSENING NUT.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL CLEAN ALL WAX RESIDUE FROM THE REAR SUSPENSION TOE LINK AND INSTALL TWO NEW JAM NUTS. IF NECESSARY THE REAR SUSPENSION TOE LINK MAY BE REPLACED. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2339 AND AT THE OWNER CENTER AT WWW.GMOWNERCENTER.COM.
- Notes: GM'S SAFETY RECALL NO. 11029. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2010 Cadillac CTS