2010 Cadillac DTS Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 06/23/2014
- Consequence: If the key is not in the run position, the air bags may not deploy if the vehicle is involved in a crash, increasing the risk of injury. Additionally, a key knocked out of the run position could cause loss of engine power, power steering, and power braking, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V355000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 3,141,731
- Summary: This defect can affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2005-2009 Buick LaCrosse, 2006-2011 Buick Lucerne, 2000-2005 Cadillac DeVille, 2006-2011 Cadillac DTS, 2006-2014 Chevrolet Impala, and 2006-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the weight on the key ring and road conditions or some other jarring event may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine.
- Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will install two 13mm key rings and key insert into the vehicle's ignition keys, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-521-7300 (Buick), 1-800-458-8006 (Cadillac), and 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet). GM's number for this recall is 14299.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:BATTERY:CABLESRecall Date: 11/04/2010
- Consequence: A POWER STEERING LEAK COULD RESULT IN A LOSS OF POWER STEERING, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH, AND/OR THE LEAK ONTO HOT ENGINE PARTS COULD CAUSE AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 10V553000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 13780
- Summary: GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010-2011 DTS AND BUICK LUCERNE VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH V8 ENGINES. THE STARTER OR ALTERNATOR CABLE IS IN CONTACT WITH THE POWER STEERING RETURN LINE. IF EITHER THE STARTER OR ALTERNATOR CABLE IS CONTACTING THE POWER STEERING RETURN LINE, THE CABLE COULD WEAR THROUGH THE LINE, CAUSING A POWER STEERING FLUID LEAK.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL SECURE AND IF NECESSARY REROUTE THE LINES TO PREVENT CONTACT. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 19, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2339, BUICK AT 1-866-608-8080 AND AT THE OWNER CENTER AT WWW.GMOWNERCENTER.COM.
- Notes: GM SAFETY RECALL NO. 10351. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELSRecall Date: 12/15/2009
- Consequence: DRIVING THE VEHICLE WITH TIRES THAT ARE NOT PROPERLY INFLATED COULD RESULT IN TIRE OVERLOADING, PREMATURE OR IRREGULAR WEAR, AND/OR POOR HANDLING INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 09V480000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 126
- Summary: GM IS RECALLING MODEL YEAR 2010 CADILLAC DTS VEHICLES FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 110, TIRE SELECTION AND RIMS. THE TIRE AND LOADING INFORMATION LABEL, WHICH LISTS THE PROPER TIRE AND VEHICLE LOADING INFORMATION, WAS NOT INSTALLED ON THE VEHICLE. IN ADDITION, THERE ARE TWO LABELS AFFIXED TO AFFECTED VEHICLES THAT INCORRECTLY DESCRIBE THEM AS AN INCOMPLETE VEHICLE. ONE LABEL IS THE VEHICLE CERTIFICATION LABEL, WHICH CERTIFIES THAT THE VEHICLE CONFORMS TO ALL APPLICABLE U.S. FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY, BUMPER, AND THEFT PREVENTION STANDARDS. THE SECOND LABEL IS THE SERVICE PARTS IDENTIFICATION LABEL, WHICH LISTS VARIOUS COMPONENTS USED IN THE MANUFACTURING OF THE VEHICLE.
- Remedy: GM WILL MAIL THE THREE CORRECT LABELS TO OWNERS ALONG WITH INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. OWNERS MAY ALSO TAKE THE VEHICLE AND THE LABELS TO A DEALER FOR INSTALLATION. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 28, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT GM CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2339 OR AT WWW.GMOWNERCENTER.COM.
- Notes: GM SAFETY RECALL NO. 09322. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2010 Cadillac DTS