Cadillac Escalade EXT Interior
The 2009 Cadillac Escalade EXT's top-of-the-class interior is both attractive and comfortable. Most reviewers say the interior is worthy of the Cadillac name and only register small gripes.
- "The 2009 Cadillac Escalade EXT's interior is luxury-plush, surprisingly quiet and raises the luxury and refinement bars another couple of notches. " -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Cadillac Escalade EXT's five-passenger cabin has an elegant, upscale ambiance thanks to the use of finely stitched leather and accents of wood and metal. . . .Most surfaces are of the soft-touch variety, though a few cheap plastic trim pieces can still be found." -- Edmunds
- With "a leather- and wood-trimmed interior, a bevy of multimedia cabin features, and enough chrome to make you squint, the EXT declares its true comfort-focused mission." -- CNET
With the back seats up, the EXT seats five, and reviewers believe that those passengers will be comfortable. Several reviewers, however, note that a climb is involved in getting to those seats.
- "The EXT will carry five adults in the sort of leather-clad, wood-trimmed comfort you would expect from a Cadillac." -- Cars.com.
- The Escalade EXT has "big-rig space on wide, comfortable seats, though [the] tallest drivers may want still more head, leg room." -- Consumer Guide
- "You're meant to travel in the EXT, not just shuttle from job site to job site. That's why the seats are sufficiently bolstered to be supportive enough for long journeys, and they're available with both heating and cooling functions." -- Edmunds
Reviewers are impressed with the Escalade EXT's high-tech interior feature, which helps take the SUT from truck to luxury vehicle. Remote start, a premium Bose 5.1 audio system with six-disc changer and eight speakers, steering-wheel audio controls, XM satellite radio with a three-month trial, OnStar service with hands-free calling, power adjustable pedals with memory recall for two drivers and PASS-Key III immobilizer with audible content theft-deterrent system are all standard.
Entertainment and Navigation
The EXT comes standard with a premium Bose 5.1 Discrete Surround Sound System with dual-play (CD/DVD) radio; AudioPilot® noise compensation technology; in-dash, single-load, six-disc changer, and eight speakers equalized to the EXT's interior. A navigation system with an eight inch screen is optional.
- "One of the most advanced audio management systems we've seen." CNET
- "Unpleasant surprise: There's an auxiliary input jack for the rear audio system, but none for the front."-- Kelley Blue Book
- "Large instruments with blue needles allow a quick read of vital stats ... The nav screen has a user-friendly touchscreen interface, and all controls are easy to find and use." -- Edmunds
- "We found the [navigation] interface easy to program, with the option to enter destinations by an address, a cross street, or a phone number." -- CNET
Thanks to the folding midgate design, the Cadillac Escalade EXT's cargo volume is pretty versatile. Even if you don't want to extend the bed, folding rear seats make hauling things inside the cab a breeze.
- Behind the first row with the second row folded, the EXT has 54.3 cubic feet of volume, and the folded midgate creates an expanded, continuous-load floor for the bed. Unfortunately, the lack of a partition exposes occupants to the elements." -- Cars.com
Next Steps: Cadillac Escalade EXT
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Cadillac Escalade EXT for sale (4,088 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Cadillac Escalade-EXT
- View Cadillac Escalade EXT Photos
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings