Cadillac Escalade Review
The 2015 Cadillac Escalade ranks 1 out of 9 Luxury Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Cadillac Escalade, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Cadillac Escalade's rich interior, impressive handling and exceptionally powerful engine cannot be matched by most competitors, reviewers say.
A V8 engine powers the 2015 Cadillac Escalade. Test drivers say it idles quietly and produces the requisite power for reaching highway speeds quickly. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard. The EPA reports that the Cadillac Escalade gets up to 15/21 mpg city/highway, which is typical for the class. Test drivers note that the Escalade's ride is a bit firmer than some rivals’, but still comfortable overall. They report that the 2015 Escalade offers controlled handling, and they like its standard Magnetic Ride Control suspension system, which they note makes a noticeable difference in driving dynamics when switching between its Sport and Touring modes. Some also report that the Escalade has strong brakes, and they appreciate its well-weighted, responsive steering.
The Escalade is not only a strong performer, but it's also our 2015 Best Luxury Large SUV for Families. The Escalade nabbed the award because it has the best combination of space, safety and reliability ratings and available family-friendly features in the class.
Quiet, luxurious and well-crafted is how critics describe the 2015 Cadillac Escalade's interior. They note that while the third row is better suited for smaller children, the first and second rows are comfortable for adults. Standard features on the 2015 Cadillac Escalade include a 16-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, navigation, Cadillac’s CUE infotainment system, Bluetooth, five USB ports, satellite radio, HD Radio, a rearview camera, front and rear park assist, remote start and tri-zone automatic climate control. Optional features include a rear-seat entertainment system, a power sunroof, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, blind spot warning and a head-up display. Many reviewers note that the CUE infotainment system is slow to respond to inputs and is a bit confusing, but a few say it gets easier to use over time. The Escalade has one of the highest overall cargo capacities in the class.
- "If you liked the previous Escalade, you'll like this one. It's sharper looking outside, more luxurious inside, and somewhat better to drive." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The Escalade may be all new inside and out, but the SUV's basic idea is still largely the same as it ever was. That means big power, a muscular sound and a driving position that looks down on virtually every other vehicle on the road. If that's what you're looking for, the Escalade is still an excellent SUV for the job; only now, you look down from a slightly nicer perch." -- AutoTrader
- "Although this fourth-generation 2015 Cadillac Escalade has been completely redesigned, it's not a radical step forward. Compared to its predecessor, the new Escalade makes modest gains in power output and fuel efficiency, but more significant improvements can be found inside. Better interior materials, an updated infotainment system, more cargo space and abundant new features could vault this Escalade to the top of its class." -- Edmunds
- "The full-size luxury SUV segment has a lot to offer, but with an all-out redesign for the 2015 model year, the Cadillac Escalade has climbed back to the top of the pile." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Fresh from a stint at finishing school, the Escalade retains its audacious charisma but now earns higher marks for poise and polish. With its impressive blend of style, technology and quality interior furnishings, the Escalade truly demands serious consideration from full-size luxury SUV shoppers." -- Left Lane News
Cadillac Escalade Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
The Toyota Land Cruiser comes with more standard features than the Escalade, and reviewers say its navigation system is user-friendly. Automotive writers also appreciate its great off-road skills and powerful V8 engine.
Reviewers say the Land Rover Range Rover has one of the most luxurious cabins in the class and they like its comfortable front and rear seats. It also earns reviewer praise for its exceptionally powerful supercharged V8 engine and its excellent off-road capabilities. Additionally, the base Range Rover earns better fuel economy estimates than the Escalade.
Details: 2015 Cadillac Escalade
The 2015 Cadillac Escalade seats up to eight and has standard rear-wheel drive. Four-wheel drive is optional. The Escalade is powered by a 6.2-liter V8 engine that is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The Escalade is available in regular and long-wheelbase Escalade ESV models. There are three trims: Standard, Luxury and Premium. The Escalade is completely redesigned for the 2015 model year.
Next Steps: Cadillac Escalade
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac Escalade
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac Escalade
- Search used Cadillac Escalade for sale (7,077 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals