Cadillac Escalade Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 05/16/2014
- Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2015 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV vehicles manufactured April 6, 2014, through May 13, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the air bag module is secured to a chute adhered to the backside of the instrument panel with an insufficiently heated infared weld. This may result in only a partial deployment of the front passenger air bag in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles do not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1,402
- Consequence: In the event of an accident, an air bag that only partially deploys increases the risk of occupant injury.
- Remedy: GM sent the owners an interim notification letter on May 16, 2014 to advise owners of the recall, and will mail owners a second letter when remedy parts are available. When the parts are available, dealers will replace the instrument panel right side upper trim panel, free of charge. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. GM's number for this recall is 14220. Note: Owners are advised that until the vehicle has been remedied, occupants should not sit in the front passenger seat position.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V259000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Cadillac Escalade is covered by a four-year/50,000-mile limited warranty and a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Next Steps: Cadillac Escalade