Cadillac SRX Review
The 2015 Cadillac SRX ranks 12 out of 19 Luxury Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Cadillac SRX, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Cadillac SRX is ranked:
Although reviewers like the 2015 Cadillac SRX’s strong engine and sporty handling, they note that many rivals offer better fuel economy and tech features that are easier to use.
The 2015 Cadillac SRX is powered by a V6 engine that automotive journalists think offers plenty of power and quick acceleration. The standard six-speed automatic transmission also impresses reviewers with timely, smooth shifts. Fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 17/24 mpg city/highway, which is a bit low for the class. Test drivers write that the Cadillac SRX offers sporty handling and a comfortable ride. They are also pleased with its responsive steering.
Reviewers say the 2015 Cadillac SRX’s interior is attractive and features luxurious materials. According to test drivers, the SRX’s front seats are comfortable. However, some say that rearward visibility is poor from the driver’s seat, and that back-seat passengers could use more headroom. Standard features include Cadillac's CUE infotainment system, OnStar with 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hot spot capability, dual-zone automatic climate control, a USB port, Bluetooth and satellite radio. Available equipment includes a panoramic sunroof, a 10-speaker Bose stereo system, navigation, tri-zone automatic climate control, a rear-seat entertainment system, a rearview camera, lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control. Test drivers appreciate the SRX’s offering of high-tech features, but complain that the CUE infotainment system is slow to respond and difficult to use, with confusing on-screen menus.
- "We like nearly everything about the 2015 Cadillac SRX. The standard 308-horsepower V6 engine, for instance, offers just enough muscle and passing power to make the SRX a pleasure to drive. Cadillac's CUE system is mostly intuitive, and we appreciate that it's now standard in any SRX trim level. We appreciate the SRX's styling, and we're certainly grateful for the SUV's long list of standard equipment." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Cadillac SRX is a solid choice for an entry-level luxury crossover SUV, especially if you're looking for one that's well stocked with safety features. Competitors offer more powerful and efficient engine options, though, and, in many cases, do a better job of integrating technology in the cabin." -- Edmunds
- "Although not as athletic as the Germans, the SRX still manages to impress with its moves. It also offers a more comfortable ride, plentiful interior room and powerful V6 engine. Couple this with the SRX's impressive safety features and technology-rich CUE touch-screen infotainment system, and the SRX proves why Cadillac is very much still in the luxury crossover-SUV game." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other SUVs to Consider
Test drivers praise the Lexus RX 350 for its opulant cabin that they say is exceptionally quiet. Thought test drivers report that the RX 350 isn't sporty, they say that its performance is exceedingly comfortable and easy to live with.
The BMW X5 is one of the more fun-to-drive SUVs in the class thanks to its powerful engine and tenacious handling, test drivers say. They also praise its luxurious, well-built interior.
Details: 2015 Cadillac SRX
The 2015 Cadillac SRX seats five and has standard front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional. A 3.6-liter V6 engine is standard and is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The SRX is available in base, Luxury, Performance and Premium trims. The SRX was last redesigned for the 2010 model year and sees few changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Cadillac SRX
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac SRX
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac SRX
- Search used Cadillac SRX for sale (5,638 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings