Cadillac SRX Review
The 2014 Cadillac SRX ranks 7 out of 10 Luxury Compact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Cadillac SRX, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2014 Cadillac SRX is ranked:
While reviewers say the 2014 Cadillac SRX has an upscale interior and a refined ride, most agree that rival SUVs offer sportier performance, better fuel economy and more impressive cabins.
The 2014 Cadillac SRX has a V6 engine that reviewers say produces ample power for most driving situations. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, which some test drivers say shifts smoothly, but can also be slow to downshift. Fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 17/24 mpg city/highway, which is low for the class. Test drivers report that the 2014 SRX has a refined ride with a nice balance of comfort and agility, though most agree that there are more dynamic SUVs in the class. The SRX’s steering also earns mixed reviews, as a few auto writers say it doesn’t offer much feedback. Additionally, the SRX’s brakes are criticized for their spongy pedal feel.
Reviewers are largely pleased with the SRX's cabin, noting its attractive design and premium materials. The five-seat SRX has comfortable, yet firm front seats, reviewers say, and test drivers find the SRX’s cargo space useful. Critics say that Cadillac's standard CUE infotainment system can be frustrating to use at first, though some like the modern appearance it lends the cabin. Other standard features include an eight-speaker Bose stereo system, Bluetooth and dual-zone automatic climate control. Optional features include tri-zone automatic climate control, a 10-speaker Bose stereo system and a rear-seat entertainment system. Available safety features include adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning and Cadillac's Safety Alert seat, which vibrates to notify the driver when the vehicle drifts out of its lane or when it detects obstructions.
- "The 2014 Cadillac SRX is a solid choice for an entry-level luxury crossover SUV, especially if you're looking for one that's well stocked with safety features. Competitors offer more powerful and efficient engine options, though, and, in many cases, do a better job of integrating technology in the cabin." -- Edmunds
- "The Cadillac SRX is a stylish, sophisticated 5-passenger crossover SUV that has helped the luxury brand reach younger buyers. Though the SRX is now four years into its current generation, it still competes well against rivals such as the Lexus RX, BMW X3 and Audi Q5. While not as athletic as the BMW or as comfortable as the Lexus, the slightly larger Cadillac SRX comes standard with a powerful (but rather thirsty) V6 engine, impressive safety features and loads of technology based around its CUE touch-screen infotainment system. Add in chiseled looks and a competitive starting price, and it's easy to see why the SRX is one of Cadillac's best sellers." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other Luxury SUVs to Consider
The Audi Q5 earns high marks with reviewers for its high-quality interior and sporty driving feel. Additionally, the Q5 comes standard with all-wheel drive and gets better fuel economy than the SRX.
The Acura RDX is praised for its modern cabin design, refined ride and fuel-efficient engine. The RDX also has great cargo space for the class.
Details: 2014 Cadillac SRX
The 2014 Cadillac SRX seats five and has standard front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional. Power comes from a 3.6-liter V6 engine, which is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The SRX is available in base, Luxury, Performance and Premium equipment collections. The SRX was last redesigned for the 2010 model year and sees few changes for 2014. As a result, this review uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2014 model years.
Next Steps: Cadillac SRX
- View the best prices for the 2014 Cadillac SRX
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Cadillac SRX
- Search used Cadillac SRX for sale (5,387 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings