Cadillac SRX Review
The 2015 Cadillac SRX ranks 9 out of 18 Luxury Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Cadillac SRX, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Cadillac SRX is ranked:
Test drivers say the 2015 Cadillac SRX features agile handling and a beefy engine, but add that the infotainment system is complex and the fuel economy is low.
Reviewers say the 2015 Cadillac SRX’s base engine provides swift acceleration and good power. They also enjoy the standard six-speed automatic transmission’s precise, velvety shifting. At an EPA-estimated 17/24 mpg city/highway, the SRX's fuel economy is a little low for the class. Test drivers write that the Cadillac SRX offers sporty handling and a comfortable ride. They are also pleased with its responsive steering.
The 2015 Cadillac SRX features an attractive interior full of top-notch materials, according to critics. They add that the front seats provide good support but say that more headroom would be nice in the rear seats. Critics find rearward visibility from the driver's seat to be insufficient. Standard features include Cadillac's CUE infotainment system, OnStar with 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hot spot capability, dual-zone automatic climate control, a USB port, Bluetooth and satellite radio. Available equipment includes a panoramic sunroof, a 10-speaker Bose stereo system, navigation, tri-zone automatic climate control, a rear-seat entertainment system, a rearview camera, lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control. Test drivers appreciate the SRX’s offering of high-tech features, but complain that the CUE infotainment system is slow to respond and difficult to use, with confusing on-screen menus.
- "We like nearly everything about the 2015 Cadillac SRX. The standard 308-horsepower V6 engine, for instance, offers just enough muscle and passing power to make the SRX a pleasure to drive. Cadillac's CUE system is mostly intuitive, and we appreciate that it's now standard in any SRX trim level. We appreciate the SRX's styling, and we're certainly grateful for the SUV's long list of standard equipment." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Cadillac SRX is a solid choice for an entry-level luxury crossover SUV, especially if you're looking for one that's well stocked with safety features. Competitors offer more powerful and efficient engine options, though, and, in many cases, do a better job of integrating technology in the cabin." -- Edmunds
- "Although not as athletic as the Germans, the SRX still manages to impress with its moves. It also offers a more comfortable ride, plentiful interior room and powerful V6 engine. Couple this with the SRX's impressive safety features and technology-rich CUE touch-screen infotainment system, and the SRX proves why Cadillac is very much still in the luxury crossover-SUV game." -- Kelley Blue Book
Cadillac SRX Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
Test drivers praise the Lexus RX 350 for its opulant cabin that they say is exceptionally quiet. Thought test drivers report that the RX 350 isn't sporty, they say that its performance is exceedingly comfortable and easy to live with.
The BMW X5 is one of the more fun-to-drive SUVs in the class thanks to its powerful engine and tenacious handling, test drivers say. They also praise its luxurious, well-built interior.
Details: 2015 Cadillac SRX
The 2015 Cadillac SRX seats five and has standard front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional. A 3.6-liter V6 engine is standard and is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The SRX is available in base, Luxury, Performance and Premium trims. The SRX was last redesigned for the 2010 model year and sees few changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Research Prices: 2015 Cadillac SRX
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Cadillac SRX and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Cadillac SRX
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac SRX
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac SRX
- Search used Cadillac SRX for sale (5,638 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals