2008 Cadillac SRX Review
The SRX delivers family-car utility and a luxurious interior, but suffers from poor fuel economy and sometimes sluggish performance. Consequently, it ranks in the bottom half of its class and the luxury crossover SUV class.
The Cadillac SRX debuted in 2003 and underwent a redesign in 2007, so it remains relatively unchanged for 2008. The most notable change is the addition of an Adaptive Remote Start system. Last year's model received top honors from Car and Driver, which recognized it as one of their "5Best" Trucks. Most reviewers agree, with the Detroit News saying, "You get the total package with the Cadillac, especially if you get the all-wheel-drive V-8 model that we had."
The Cadillac SRX is only available in one trim, with a choice of a V6 or V8 engine. Rear-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive (AWD) is optional.
- "The SRX combines luxury and practicality in a handsome package that drives like a car while having the room of an SUV. The interior is nicely appointed, the seats are comfortable, and the V-6 has more than enough power." -- Kansas City Star
- "It's one of my favorite luxury SUVs, and it has been since it hit the market in 2003 as an '04 model. In October 2003, I wrote that the SRX, 'for what it is, may be the best Cadillac in decades.' That still applies." -- Orlando Sentinel
- "It is refined, composed, and quiet, yet it has a steely, high-performance character underneath." -- Road and Track
- "I liked the SRX and feel this is what a Cadillac SUV should be." -- The Auto Channel
Next Steps: Cadillac SRX
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Cadillac SRX for sale (4,802 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Cadillac SRX
- View Cadillac SRX Photos
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings