Cadillac SRX Interior
The 2013 Cadillac SRX distinguishes itself among luxury crossover SUVs with many standard features, including an infotainment system, Bose stereo and dual USB ports, which are optional on some of its classmates. A lot of reviewers are impressed with the SRX’s versatile cargo area, which is large and has a lot of storage options. Test drivers say the main downside to the SRX’s cabin is that overall visibility is poor and that the rear seats don’t have a lot of headroom for adults.
- "Some new interior color combinations lend an airy vibe and the high-quality look and feel of the SRX's interior trim is highlighted by generally good fit and finish." -- Edmunds
- "SRX features a tasteful blend of wood and metal-look trim. Padding on the doors is a bit thin, but all of the surfaces, even those made from hard plastic, look very classy." -- Consumer Guide
The 2013 SRX has power-adjustable front seats, and heated front and rear seats are optional on higher trims. The SRX seats five people in two rows. According to the automotive press, the SRX’s front seats have good head- and legroom. One reviewer mentions that the thick front and rear roof pillars obstruct corner visibility, and the small rear window makes it hard to see out the back. With the sunroof, which is standard on all but the base trim, one test driver also complains that headroom is limited for adults.
- "Plenty of headroom and legroom for taller folks. Seats are firm but comfortable. ... Thick roof pillars obscure visibility to most angles, and the small rear window restricts the view straight aft." -- Consumer Guide
- "The front seats are roomy, but the rear can be snug for taller adults." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "There's ample (if not overly generous) room for four adults, although the roof line -- particularly if the optional panoramic sunroof is in place -- definitely can pinch those in the rear." -- Edmunds
The 2013 SRX comes standard with Cadillac’s new CUE infotainment system, an eight-speaker Bose stereo, dual USB ports, SD card slot, satellite radio, HD Radio and Bluetooth. Options and features available on higher trims include a 10-speaker Bose surround sound system, tri-zone automatic climate control, a navigation system and a rear-seat DVD entertainment system. Available safety features include forward collision alert, lane departure warning, a rearview camera and rear cross-traffic alert.
A lot of reviewers haven’t evaluated the new CUE infotainment system yet, which changes the layout of the SRX’s dashboard and interior features compared with previous model years. One reviewer has checked it out, and he likes the system a lot because the dashboard isn’t cluttered with buttons anymore. With CUE, the stereo, phone and climate systems are accessed through one screen, and this test driver thinks the new system is pretty straightforward.
- "Gone is the sea of buttons -- not all logically arranged -- spread out over the SRX's center stack. In their place is a crisp and clear LCD screen that offers mostly intuitive control over the audio, phone (and other electronic devices) and climate control functions." -- Edmunds
When the rear seats are in use, the Cadillac SRX has 29.9 cubic feet of cargo space. That number increases to 61.1 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. The SRX’s overall cargo space is good for the class, but the Volvo XC60 offers more. According to test drivers, the 2013 SRX offers handy organization features. They say there’s plenty of room for cargo and really like the optional power tailgate and optional cargo management system, which includes a cargo fence, cargo shade and under-floor storage. Fewer auto writers talk about interior storage, and one who does says the cabin has plenty of cubbies for small items.
- "The rear cargo bay offers flexibility and plenty of capacity." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Chief among them is a very usable, flexible rear cargo area. There's a rail system that allows for a cargo separator to slide around, blocking off a variety of areas depending on how much cargo needs to be corralled. A large under-floor bin can hold a propane tank in place, according to company representatives. Otherwise, it'll simply hold a lot of grocery bags." -- Cars.com (2010)
- "Cadillac put a lot of thought into the cargo area, however - the power tailgate (standard on all but the base SRX) has a two-position height setting so the tailgate won't whack low garage ceilings, and the nifty U-ring track in the cargo floor allows a fence to be erected to contain fragile cargo." -- Edmunds (2011)
- "Impressive cabin storage includes upper and lower gloveboxes, a two-tier console box, unusual two-tier map pockets in the doors, a couple of small dash bins, and two open console cupholders." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Cadillac SRX
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Cadillac SRX
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Cadillac SRX for sale (4,642 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Cadillac SRX
- See what others paid for the 2013 Cadillac SRX
- View Cadillac SRX Photos
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings