Cadillac SRX Interior
Most test drivers think the 2015 SRX has an attractive cabin that’s built with premium materials. While they like its offering of high-tech features, they note that the CUE infotainment system is slow and difficult to operate, especially while driving.
- "The SRX's interior trim has a high-quality look and feel, and everything is nicely put together for the most part. We wish some of the wood accents didn't look quite so polished, but the overall impression is an excellent blend of technology-meets-luxury." -- Edmunds
- "Fit and finish inside the SRX is quite good, as has become the standard for Cadillac. There's plenty of technology, especially with the addition of CUE as standard equipment. Materials are soft to the touch pretty much anywhere that the hand can fall." -- AutoTrader
- "The SRX's cabin is thoroughly modern, and then some." -- Kelley Blue Book
Cadillac SRX Pictures
The Cadillac SRX seats five on standard leatherette upholstery. An eight-way power driver's seat is also standard, and leather upholstery, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear outboard seats and a power-adjustable passenger seat are available. Reviewers say the front seats are roomy and comfortable. However, critics note that the 2015 SRX’s sloped roofline makes for poor rearward visibility and limited headroom in the rear seats.
- "Admittedly, we have a few gripes here and there. The biggest one is visibility. Owing to the SRX's bold styling, the window's beltline comes up extremely high near the back of the SUV, resulting in awkward rear visibility." -- AutoTrader
- "The Cadillac SRX offers ample room for four adults, although headroom is snug in the rear seat, particularly when the panoramic sunroof is in place (which is the case in all but the base model)." -- Edmunds
- "The SRX's front seats are roomy, though the 3-passenger rear seat can be tight for taller adults." -- Kelley Blue Book
The 2015 SRX comes equipped with Cadillac's CUE infotainment system, OnStar with 4G LTE and Wi-Fi hot spot capability (subscription required after a three-month trial), dual-zone automatic climate control, a USB port, Bluetooth and satellite radio. Optional equipment includes a panoramic sunroof, a 10-speaker Bose stereo system, navigation, tri-zone automatic climate control, a rear-seat entertainment system, a rearview camera, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control and Cadillac's Safety Alert seat, which vibrates to alert the driver of obstructions or when the vehicle is swerving out of its intended lane.
Critics are disappointed with the SRX’s CUE infotainment system, which they say has confusing menus and takes a while to master. They also complain that the system is slow to respond to touch-screen inputs.
- "Reactions to inputs via the touchscreen or physical buttons can be slow or sometimes missed altogether. Also, the thunk that supposedly acknowledges successful presses feels and sounds inelegant and slide-bar volume adjustment is far more difficult to use than a conventional knob. Perhaps worst of all, the screen's menu structure is unintuitive. In general, we prefer most other electronics interfaces in this segment." -- Edmunds
- "Although we applaud the cutting-edge CUE infotainment setup and its touch-sensitive 8-inch display, the system requires a steep learning curve to operate when driving." -- Kelley Blue Book
The 2015 SRX has 29.9 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats in use and 61.1 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. That’s an average amount of space for the class. Some reviewers like that the SRX’s cabin offers numerous storage spaces for small items.
- "Cargo room is average for the class: 30 cubic feet behind the rear seats and 61 cubic feet with both sections of the 60/40-split rear seatbacks folded down." -- Edmunds
- "Behind the folding and reclining rear seat is about 30 cubic feet of cargo space. That's less than a smaller SUV like the Honda CR-V, but ample for all but the biggest shopping splurges." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Impressive cabin storage includes upper and lower gloveboxes, a two-tier console box, unusual two-tier map pockets in the doors, a couple of small dash bins, and two open console cupholders." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Cadillac SRX
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac SRX
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac SRX
- Search used Cadillac SRX for sale (5,638 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals