Cadillac SRX Performance
Automotive journalists report that the 2015 Cadillac SRX offers a powerful engine, nimble handling and a comfortable ride. However, a few test drivers caution that a number of competing luxury compact SUVs use less fuel.
- "The SRX seems to be among the nimblest and sportiest offerings in its class." -- AutoTrader
- "More positively, we like the way this Caddy drives. It feels planted and confident around turns, yet still provides a comfy ride over broken pavement." -- Edmunds
- "Despite its 4,300 pounds, the SRX delivers an acceptable balance between power, agility and ride comfort. Although not as fun in the curves as a BMW X3 or Acura RDX, the SRX nevertheless goes where you point it and does so without fuss or histrionics." -- Kelley Blue Book
Acceleration and Power
Powering the 2015 SRX is a 308-horsepower, 3.6-liter V6 engine, which is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive models earn an EPA-estimated 17/24 mpg city/highway, which is a bit low for a V6-powered luxury compact SUV.
According to automotive writers, the SRX’s V6 engine is strong from a stop and offers plenty of passing power on the highway. The SRX’s transmission also earns praise from test drivers who think it’s responsive, delivering quick, accurate shifts. However, some reviewers note that competing SUVs offer better fuel economy.
- "The SRX's 308-horsepower V6 is more than up to the task of delivering performance on demand, but it consumes more fuel than its rivals." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The transmission does a great job of keeping the engine in its optimal power range. When a downshift is needed, the transmission is happy to oblige, even in automatic mode." -- AutoTrader
- "The SRX is also one of the few picks in its class to have a V6 engine as standard equipment. The advantage isn't as great as you might think -- rival turbocharged four-cylinder engines can still be plenty quick and get better fuel economy -- but if you want a proven powertrain, the SRX delivers." -- Edmunds
- "Power is impressive from a stop with more than ample passing and merging muscle on tap. The transmission is sportier than most shoppers might expect. Shifts are never harsh but always felt." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Handling and Braking
The 2015 Cadillac SRX delivers sporty handling and a comfortable ride, reviewers agree. They are impressed with its available speed-sensitive steering system, which most say is well-weighted and communicative. Front-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive is available. An adaptive suspension system is also available, and some reviewers think it makes the SRX’s handling even sharper.
- "The SRX seems to be among the nimblest and sportiest offerings in its class. Steering is responsive, yet light enough for easy in-town driving." -- AutoTrader
- "You're likely to be surprised by the crispness of the SRX's handling coupled with this crossover SUV's comfortable ride. If you regularly seek out back roads, we'd recommend an all-wheel-drive Performance or Premium version, as they feature quicker, sportier steering and an adaptive suspension that together give it an extra measure of capability around turns." -- Edmunds
- "From a handling perspective, the SRX's available speed-sensitive steering offers good feedback without feeling overly weighted, and the available all-wheel-drive (AWD) system helps keep the SRX firmly planted when the road gets slick." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Steering -- variable-input and fixed-input alike -- is quick and responsive, though feedback is somewhat lacking. Only the spongy-feeling brakes deserve any real criticism." -- Motor Trend (2012)
Next Steps: Cadillac SRX
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac SRX
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac SRX
- Search used Cadillac SRX for sale (9,873 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings