Cadillac SRX Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 09/19/2014
- Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2010-2015 Cadillac SRX vehicles manufactured April 14, 2009, to September 1, 2014, and 2011-2012 Saab 9-4X vehicles manufactured February 1, 2011, to September 13, 2011. On the affected vehicles, the jam nut in the rear suspension toe adjuster link may not be torqued to the proper specification. A loose toe adjuster link can cause the vehicle to sway or wander at highway speeds. A loose toe adjuster link may lead to thread damage and eventual failure. Failure of the toe adjuster link will cause an abrupt change in the vehicle's alignment.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 290,241
- Consequence: Failure of the toe adjuster link could cause a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the torque of the left and right rear toe link adjuster lock nuts, and replace the parts if there is evidence of damage or a loose link, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in early November 2014 and remedy parts, if needed, are expected to be available around the middle of November 2014. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006 or Saab customer service at 1-800-955-9007. GM's number for this recall is 14457.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V571000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Cadillac SRX comes with a four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty.